16 days ago - req24790
Project Leader for the PAS 5500 Lifetime-Extension projects
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Electrical engineering, Mechatronics, Other technical job categories
Are you challenged by the engineering of high-tech semiconductor equipment products? And are you a Project Leader with experience in managing multi-disciplinary (re)design projects? You’d better contact us today!
Each PAS-2030 rack redesign exists of electronic redesigns and a redesign of the controlling software. The electronic redesigns are outsourced to our suppliers and the software redesigns are done by the Mature Products & Services (MPS) Development & Engineering (D&E) team. It is the mission of the Project Leader to deliver the redesigns successfully and in time.
The Project Leader is responsible for multiple PAS-2030 rack redesign projects which are running in parallel. You plan the projects and drive the initiation, preparation, execution and integration of the redesigns.
You will be required to:
- Manage the planning and progress of the assigned engineering projects;
- Make a solid baseline plan on D&E deliverables and adapt to changes to scope, timing and resources;
- Interact with the internal stakeholders: Customer Support (CS), Marketing, Production, Logistics, Procurement and Supply-Chain Management;
- Manage the progress of the in-house work as well as the redesigns that are outsourced to the suppliers;
- Assess and address technical risks based on team input from architects and design engineers;
- Be responsible for quality, budget, cost, timing and organization;
- Enforce decisions to secure timing of deliverables in line with the product generation process (PGP);
- Provide regular status updates to the Management Team (MT) of Business Line (BL) MPS.
Bachelor degree or higher in Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience as Project Leader running multi-disciplinary high-tech projects in complex embedded systems;
- Experience with electronics and software;
- Experience with module and system integration;
- Experience in managing suppliers is preferred;
- Proven track record in building and maintaining professional relationships.
- Team player, able to communicate professionally (open, clear and concise) with colleagues;
- Strong personality, decisive and pragmatic attitude;
- Result driven, demonstrate ownership and accountability;
- Able to identify bottlenecks and drive improvements;
- Demonstrated ability to perform in high-pressure environments;
- Analytical, procedural, accurate and independent way of working.
Context of the position
The Business Line Mature Products & Services (BL MPS) of ASML is responsible for the sustaining of the PAS 5500 systems, which are the Lithography systems for 3” to 8” wafers in the ASML portfolio.
The 3” to 8” wafer market is still booming and our customers have requested to support the PAS 5500 platform until at least the next decade. Therefore BL MPS has decided to do a complete overhaul of the electronics to state-of-the-art technology to ensure the lifetime extension to 2030 or longer. This is called the PAS-2030 redesign.
The PAS-2030 redesign is done by the MPS D&E teams in Taiwan and the Netherlands and part of the design work is outsourced. The team in the Netherlands (NL) focuses on electronic rack redesigns and the team in Taiwan (TW) focuses on the other electronics and modules in the system. So you will cooperate with the NL and TW teams as well as design suppliers in Europe and Asia.