30+ days ago - req24782
Sr. Manager or Director
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Sr. Manager or Director of Engineering to develop, hire, and lead the team’s growth in capacity, competence, and excellence, and to drive towards concurrent collaboration, goals, and deliverables in different competency domains as an integrable part of the software engineering group.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Manage and drive the team’s goals and deliverables aligned with product releases and technology roadmap with quality and do-the-right-thing mindset
- Attract talents and on-board high-caliber recruits to build up the resources required by deliverables and growth targets
- Develop leadership and groom leaders in the team
- Work and lead by example in a cross-functional team environment to resolve dependencies and address technical challenges
- Foster team development in both software as well as domain-specific knowledge and expertise to position for growth and embrace challenges
- Bring relevant experiences, unique expertise, and technical excellence in software technology and quality to further enrich and strengthen our software community
- Instill and uphold ASML’s high performance standard and productivity culture, and continue to challenge the teams to grow in accordance to ASML values
- M.S. or Ph.D. in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- The qualified candidate must meet the following qualifications to be considered for the position including:
- Minimum 10 years relevant experiences in the software industry, semiconductor related software experiences preferred
- Minimum 5 years of technical and/or people management
- 5 years of in-depth and hands-on experiences in objective oriented design and programming (e.g., C++, C#, Java, and/or equivalent), with intimate knowledge in software architecture paradigms
- Development experiences with, and hands-on knowledge of industry known software tools and environment on multi-platforms, mainly Windows and/or Linux.
- Must be experienced with large-scale software development and release processes, how the processes connect with other stakeholders in the company to deliver results for our customers
- Strong communication skills, and ability to influence others both inside and outside of the team/organization
- Experience in remote programming, state machines, parallel programming, and familiarity with WCF or WPF is desired
- Experiences in user interface designs, inter-module, inter-process, and inter-machine communications (e.g., .NET, TCP, socket, gRPC, etc.) is preferred
- Ability to achieve comprehension of inspection and metrology applications, flows, and challenges; knowledge of image processing, real time programming or semiconductor equipment control is a big plus
- Experiences with hardware and software integration is desirable; knowledge of PLC (Programmatic Logic Control) experience is a plus.
- Experienced with Git, Agile workflow and software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Strong quality-of-result focus, customer-oriented mindset, and innate leadership quality
- Technically savvy and can process complex data and ideas involving different domains
- Able to preach and practice software engineering concepts and knowledge with fundamentally sound and in-depth skillset
- Manage with experiences in both people as well as technology in small-to-medium sized teams in a high-growth and dynamic, matrixed environment
- Motivate direct reports and influence and drive others with energetic and infectious leadership style
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability, and able to challenge oneself
- Identifies bottlenecks, dependencies, and drives improvements with timeline
Location:San Jose, California
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs
- specify percentage of travel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability