8 days ago - req24875
Physics Design Engineer - System Performance
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the capabilities and the drive to provide effective solutions to complex technical problems under challenging time constraints? Are you able to manage the gap between system performance of our scanners and what is needed for our customers? Do you have the strength of personality to take ownership of a problem and create a vision of how to solve it – a vision that also inspires others? – then the ASML’s System Performance department is your ideal environment for personal development and professional growth.
ASML builds lithography systems that can place multiple layers on a chip with very high precision.
As a System Performance Design Engineer (Overlay-, Focus-, Imaging, - or Reference- Engineer) you contribute to the development of ASML products by testing, analyzing, qualifying, troubleshooting and reporting either one or a combination of these system performance items and inventing and specifying improvements within the restrictions imposed by system specifications, costs and planning considerations. We are responsible for the performance of the systemas a whole.
- Specify, test, and analyze qualification and calibration tests and report on the results.
- Invent and design new calibration and qualification methods to improve system performance.
- Verify system performance of design choices in scanner Hardware and Software, and choices in the application (such as scanner and non-scanner settings)
- Applying innovative data analytics methods
- Use statistical methods to show improvements or issues.
- Support the internal and external customers in solving system performance issues.
- Contribute to ASML’s product performance roadmap
- Steer a team of multidisciplinary designers and representatives of other sectors to deliver the required improvements.
Technical University masters, preferably PhD, in physics or similar. Experience with experimental verification of theoretical models is a must.
- Solid theoretical and/or experimental skills, supported by experience with mathematical modeling, statistics and model verification.
- Helicopter view on complex systems.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude. Helicopter view, broad scope and team-player.
- Good communicational skills and good knowledge of English.
- Having industrial experience in a relevant area is a pre.
- A Matlab data analysis test may be part of the hiring procedure
Creativity, initiative, discipline and team spirit. Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic and pro-active attitude. Good communicational skills and good command of the English language.
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department System Performance is responsible for timely and cost-effective qualification of overlay, focus, imaging and productivityfor functional modules, machines and customer applications. You will be working in a multidisciplinary project team, in a dynamic and high-tech environment.