30+ days ago - req24858
Software QA Engineer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering, Mathematics
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
We are looking for a highly talented individual to join our software quality assurance team. In this position, you will be responsible for designing, creating, and executing software test plan and testcases, test methodologies and test automation that are leading the way in assuring high quality of ASML world-class products. You will be challenged with high skill quality testing methodologies in concurrent computing software architecture environment. You will have the opportunity to work with software developers, hardware engineers and the application engineering organization on a regular basis.
- Good understanding of operating system, relational database, concurrent computing,
client/server architecture, network protocols, and file system management.
- Strong understanding of software lifecycle and quality engineering methodology
- Good numerical analysis and logic thinking skills
- Hands-on working experience in Unix and Windows
- Proficient in one of programming languages such as Python, Perl or shell scripting
- Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Ability to excel in cross functional and team environment
- Experience in Linux/Unix testing environment
- Experiences in commercial software product development and/or testing
PhD,Master,Bacheloror advanced degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Applied Physics, or any related engineering or equivalent experiences.
- Prepare test cases,test data and test environment based on requirements
- Execute test manually or automatically
- Verify test results and report issues
- Run performance tests (Benchmark, stress test, scalability etc.)
- Maintain regression test suites
- Automate test cases with existing test framework
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good sense of ownership
Context of the position
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.