9 days ago - req24823
Sr. DevOps Manager
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering, Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The ASML Silicon Valley Development Operations Team (DevOps) continuously improves on the 7 main topics: Code, Build, Test, Package, Release, Configure, Monitor. A successful candidate will be expected to lead a team tasked with providing an infrastructure capable of delivering products of the highest quality for our software developers and test engineers.
The candidate will report to the VP of Engineering Operations and be responsible for the following areas:
- Lead and manage in a team by prioritizing, planning and assigning tasks, with proactively communication to stakeholders.
- Provide infrastructures with a high level of integration between ticketing systems (Atlassian JIRA), continuous integration systems. (Atlassian Bamboo), documentation and knowledge sharing systems (Atlassian Confluence), version control systems (Atlassian Bitbucket), and VDI.
- Continuously improve of build breakage avoidance tooling to include mandated code review and pre-qualify new software deliveries using TRYBUILD methodologies.
- Design of robust and maintainable build and deployment plans.
- Cloud migration of engineering services.
- Conform with and implement the company security requirements.
- Collaborate with DevOps/IT teams in Asia and Europe.
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related fields.
- 8 or more years of prior experience in DevOps environment.
- Strong UNIX skills – preferable Linux, and Windows skills – preferable Windows Server, Windows 7/10.
- Experience with SCM release Engineering processes and software development cycles.
- Experience with security, VDI and cloud technologies (Azure and Google Cloud preferred).
- Python, C# or other OO programming is a plus.
- Strong organization, collaboration and communication skills. Able to articulate at a system level.
- Good numerical analysis and logic thinking skills.
- Proactive with a strong sense of ownership.
- Self-motivated and a team player.
Context of the position
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability