8 days ago - req24820
System Integration Line support engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories, Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering
ASML manufacturing and logistics introduces, produces and delivers leading edge lithographic systems, related products and services in a continuously changing market, on time, against competitive cost, with quality exceeding customers’ expectations.
The SILS (System Integration Line Support) organization is responsible for giving first line technical support to the Source and CO2 Manufacturing process within the NXE Manufacturing System Integration department and for initiating improvement loops by signalizing structural issues. SILS contributes to the factory output and supports the Product Generation Process.
1. First line technical support within System Integration by resolving 80% of the progress issues, reducing production disturbances and allow PE/ME to focus on structurally solvingtechnical issues (2nd line support);
2. Support operational / structural improvements in and beyond the work center to decrease install and customer complaints, material complaints and improve process and product quality by amongst others handling and executing DN’s;
3. Build up competences and training to improve skills and qualification level and to have dedicated trainers within the work center;
4. Support NPI with manufacturing knowhow (tooling processes and means & methods) for smoother introduction of new products;
5. Support System Integration if dedicated work center support (20%) is needed to enhance knowledge exchange and possible input for structural improvements;
6. Build incidental and additional support for field issues if specific knowledge is required to enhance faster field issue resolution.
- Machine technology: Have a detailed knowledge and overview of the status of all current System Integration Builds that are actually produced including related technologies;
- Planning and priority setting: Plan analysis and solution of problems including consequences for Manufacturing and field operation problems (recovery sequence and / or Fishbones). Derives necessary information to be able to determine urgency and importance. Takes responsibility for the consequences of priorities set;
- Problem Solving: Point out structural problems (DRB) and generate solutions, whenever necessary together with Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Quality and / or Development & Engineering;
- Monitor the quality of DN’s and timing (SLA) of problems and their implementation, including technical realization.
- Knowledge transfer: Hands on knowledge transfer to Volume Production. Actively seek for knowledge within (Pilot) production.
- Initiative: Takes the lead by executing plans, undertakes the right actions on time and takes action even when the chance of success is not totally clear.
- Creativity: Focus on finding more solutions to one problem, is able to perceive the problem on multiple ways and is able to think out of the box.
- Stress resistant: Works effectively, despite of unexpected deadlines and changing priorities. Stays calm and professional under pressure and stays focused in emergencies.
- Multitasking: Delivers work with good quality and respects delivery deadlines, even when multiple tasks are executed at the same time. Demonstrates a systematic approach when executing several assignments.
- Teamwork: (Pro-) Actively works together with all System Integration members and third parties when required. Promotes a work atmosphere where teamwork is second nature and colleagues are aided and assisted where necessary. Works towards a close-knit SILS team.
MBO++ / HBO+ work and thinking level in specific technological fields such as physics / optics, electronics, mechatronics, process technology / chemistry etc. Has affinity with other technologies.
- Hands-on experience in a technical production environment. Preferably experience with trouble-shooting: analyzing problem, finding root-cause and determining solution. Knowledge of quality improvement methods. Experience in problem analysis of products and processes;
- In-depth know how of production processes and broad / specialized know how of procedures and working environment. Problem solving / trouble shoot operations and very skilled operation, applying both theoretical know how and practical master craftsmanship in unknown situations or setting up / improving procedures / processes;
- Initiate activities and coordinate less experienced assemblers together with the System Integration members. Guide for all technical issues. Teamwork and knowing the interfaces and process relations is needed. Inform people on problem analyses and solutions. Must be able to understand, explain and influence others.
Takes initiative, proactive, is targeted and flexible. Is analytical, structural and continues with present information. Is service minded, good communicator and a team player.
Context of the position
Reports to: Team Leader System Integration Line Support
Focus: Disturbances, Improvements and Output
Interfaces (internal): Team Leader, Module / System owner, Manufacturing Engineering, Material Quality, Development & Engineering, Material Handling, Production Planning and Customer Support
Shifts: works in 2shifts (5x16 + 2x8)