30+ days ago - req24813
Technical Author Electrical Development
In a nutshell
Is writing, reviewing and publishing technical documentation just your cup of tea? And are you challenged by gaining technical knowledge of the ASML products and processes?
And do you have multiple years of experience as a Technical Writer / Author, complimented with a Bachelor or Master’s degree in linguistics or a technical principle? Then this role could fit you like a glove!
ASML supports the Semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips (IC’s). ASML creates lithography systems that the Semiconductor Industry needs to achieve their goals.
The Technical Writer / Author writes, reviews and publishes the technical documentation for the Electrical Layout (EL). This is the system that provides electrical power to all subsystems of the machine and includes human safety architecture as well as machine damage protection systems.
The technical documentation is necessary to:
- build the ASML products by the Work Centers;
- to install them at Customer site by the Install Team;
- to service them at Customer site by the local Field Service Engineers.
This means working closely with the engineers of the Manufacturing & Equipment Engineering group to provide and maintain the procedures needed for production, maintenance, repair, upgrade and installation of the systems via the ASML dynamic publishing software environment.
In the ASML product life cycle, the Technical Writer / Author has the following responsibilities:
- Participate in an engineering team, preparing technical documentation for the Manufacturing and/or Equipment Engineer.
- Ensure a uniform high standard of technical documentation for the team.
- Prepare complex technical procedures clearly and accurately in simple English with a methodical approach.
- Review comments on existing procedures and assign for review by engineers where necessary.
- Gain sufficient technical knowledge of the ASML products and processes to support the engineers in creating procedures that perfectly fits the needs of the executers of the procedures
- Constantly investigate incoming comments from Field and Factory and inform the engineers on common or repeating field input.
- Execute procedures in the Factory and correct procedures when needed. Keep responsible engineer informed.
Bachelor or Master’s Degree (E.g. linguistics or a technical principle).
- Multiple years working experience (3 or more years);
- Experience as technical writer / author;
- ASML experience would be a pre;
- Experience with Arbotext (EPIC) software is a pre.
- Pro-active mindset. Plenty of initiative;
- Team player with excellent communication and writing skills in English;
- Customer focus, analytical skills, flexible attitude and commitment are key for this role;
- Willingness to take over some engineering responsibilities;
- Willingness to follow technical machine training courses to understand basic skills of our customers.
Context of the position
The Development & Engineering sector, amongst others, is responsible for Industrialization and operational requirements of ASML’s products.
E.g. Reliability, Availability, Manufacturability, Serviceability (RAMS), Cycle time play a leading role in reducing operational costs by design and process improvements for volume products from inception through the programs and sectors, by developing and imposing companywide pro-active and reactive structural issue resolution processes.
Please submit your resume and cover letter before applying to this position.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.