30+ days ago - req24841
Technical Support Engineer - based in Leixlip, Ireland
In a nutshell
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. The Company designs, develops, integrate, markets and services these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Cymer is an independently operated business within the ASML group that develops, manufactures and services deep-ultraviolet (DUV) light sources. The product portfolio includes excimer lasers using argon fluoride (ArF) or krypton fluoride (KrF) gases to generate light in the deep-ultraviolet spectrum. These lasers generate the light that photolithography scanners use to image patterns on silicon wafers. The research, development and manufacturing of DUV light sources is centered in San Diego, U.S.A.
Provides technical support associated with Cymer laser products for Integrator and Chipmaker Operations. Provides comprehensive technical engineering support for escalations and other technical issues requiring resolution and support to our Field Operations. Key interfaces include account team, program engineering, field service engineers and site management.
- Serves as an accomplished professional who applies, analyzes and interprets a variety of standard theories, concepts, methods, and techniques to a wide range of issues within a single technical area using imaginative as well as practical solutions;
- Provides technical support to field engineers, local technical support engineers, and integrator site operations engineers including diagnosis, troubleshooting, and repair support;
- Uses established escalation and service management processes to provide timely responses to field situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment;
- Reports design, reliability, and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering and assists in problem communication and solution implementation to integrator operations/regional support personnel;
- Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature;
- Identifies issues emanating from integrator and service operations that require engineering change.Utilizes established change management & field change processes to follow-through with appropriate documentation and implementation for regional service & support organization(s);
- Provides support and adheres to corporate processes associated with new product introduction, released products, quality, technical service reporting, field service communications, etc.;
- Interfaces with Site Operations Engineers on diagnosis, troubleshooting on escalations, technical questions, new procedures, repair support and training on new tools;
- Collects data and provides data package to Advanced Technical Support and/or Program engineering so that design, reliability, maintenance problems or bugs can be submitted to design engineering/software engineering.Assists in problem communication and solution implementation to direct customer operations/regional support personnel;
- Works with Advanced Technical Support, SMS Customer Support Management, and Program Engineers to define and scope troubleshooting procedures, Technical Bulletins, Field Service Alerts and Field Changes Orders;
- Provides input, creates and manages processes improvements within department to enhance productivity;
- May also be required, as part of new product technical support, to assist in providing technical support to field engineers, regional technical support engineers, and integrator account team members who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging, and communicating issues associated with complex laser-based systems;
- May be involved in customer installation launch teams, training, and preparation associated with successful new product launch to customers;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
BSEE or BSME with a minimum of 6 years’ experience in a related Semiconductor Equipment discipline, or equivalent experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting and/or customer service on electronic systems
- Minimum of 6 years’ relevant, work related experience in a related Semiconductor Equipment discipline, or equivalent experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting and/or customer service on electronic systems;
- Experience in DUV optical imaging systems support in a clean room environment is highly desired;
- Applied technical support/field service experience in semiconductor photolithography/semiconductor fab environment is highly desired;
- Requires advanced experience using one or more of the following software packages: ProEngineer, Excel, LabView, JMP, MS Project, Oracle DMR, Agile. Java. Visual Basic programming knowledge is desired but not required;
- Must have a combination of and/or significant strengths in electronics, software, mechanical engineering, optics;
- Must possess knowledge of Deep Ultra Violet (DUV) equipment installation and support, i.e., stepping and or scanning “Photo Lithography Imaging” systems, DUV metrology systems, DUV excimer lasers or specific DUV Beam Delivery Systems.
- Applies thorough knowledge of design methodologies. Basic knowledge in utilizing design engineering tools including the capability of statistically analyzing data and reporting it in graphical formats (trend charts, CpK, Control Charts, Gauge R&R Studies);
- System performance related data analysis, system troubleshooting, and applied technical problem solving skills are essential;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables;
- Ability to interpret complex situations as required to develop appropriate actions;
- Must have significantly contributed to the successful completion of one or more projects;
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats;
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building;
- Excellent (English) written and verbal communications skills;
- In depth knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Context of the position
Expect a dynamic and enthusiastic working environment, where flexibility, drive and initiatives are highly valued. Work is performed in a Monday - Friday work schedule with on-call. The Technical Support Engineer reports to the Global Technical Manager.
Fulltime and Permanent position primarily based at the customer site in Leixlip, Ireland. Periodic travel to overseas locations may be required for execution of the position.Please add a personal motivation letter to this application.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business.