18 days ago - req24927
Supplier Quality Engineer (Mechatronics)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) is the link between the ASML mechatronic project development teams, ASML production and the related development and manufacturing teams at our mechatronic suppliers with a primary focus on parts and assembly quality.
As a mechatronic SQE, you will develop and maintain a strategic relation with the supplier with the purpose to create an optimal engineering collaboration between supplier and ASML for the industrialization of New Product Introductions.
Mission of the mechatronic supplier quality engineer is to ensure excellent (complex) parts and assembly quality and on time delivery of outsourced mechatronic parts and assemblies.
To execute our mission, you will:
- work closely together with the supplier and the ASML development teams to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of the product generation and qualification processes within mechatronic projects. This will result in an effective process flow, optimal costs and excellent quality.
- be the central responsible to assure supplier quality during NPI for the Mechatronics System Development (MSD) department.
actively contribute to the Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA) competence of Development & Engineering.
- assure early supplier involvement; starting in specification and concept phase of new mechatronic developments up to release for volume.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer in the Mechatronic Systems Development department you are the direct link for optimum engineering collaboration between ASML’s development teams and our mechatronic supplier base. Using your in-depth technical knowledge, analytic thinking and excellent people skills, you’ll work closely with suppliers to build up an profound knowledge of their IP and technological capabilities. The MSD SQE is part of the D&E project team and has interfaces with project leaders, design engineers and architects but also with logistics, procurement and manufacturing-, customer- and quality support engineers
- New product introduction (NPI) and supplier selection together with the Sourcing department.
- Early supplier involvement in the D&E (MSD) with the mechatronic suppliers to secure technology expertise of ASML and supplier are merged in the best way.
- Ensure that manufacturability, costs and serviceability aspects are covered in the design phase. Including implementing of lessons learned.
- SQA deliverables that secure parts quality from suppliers such as the Statement Of Work, Technital Product Documentation Acceptance by Supplier, (Proto) Evaluation reports, manufacturing flows, P-FMEA, Test Coverage Documents including SPC and Part Qualification Report.
- Arrange and control supplier interface processes, such as issue resolution, judgement on root cause analysis, qualification deviation, configuration management, ASML factory disturbances.
- Contribute to supplier development to improve operational excellence by driving execution of existing agreements and improvement actions.
Bachelor or Master graduate in Mechatronics, Electrical Technology or Mechanical Engineering.
At least 3 – 5 years of experience in a technical high-tech environment.
A successful Supplier Quality Engineer has the following personal attributes:
- Good interpersonal skills: social interaction, listening, discussion and communication skills
- The drive, energy and initiative to achieve continuous improvement
- Ability to influence without power
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Strong negotiation skills for interacting with other sectors and suppliers
- Team player, still able to act independently
- Result driven, good at planning and prioritizing
Context of the position
The holder of this position reports to the Group Lead BM DE MSD C Mechatronics SQE. This group is part of the Development & Engineering (D&E) sector of ASML, Bottom (BM) cluster and Mechatronic System Development (MSD) department.
Please note that this is a challenging and rewarding job that involves continuous professional and personal development.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.