9 days ago - req25093
DUV Manufacturing Assembler
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
Performs a wide variety of electronic, electro-mechanical, or opto-mechanical assembly operations on systems, assemblies or sub-assemblies. Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units. Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to work instructions.
- Builds and validates precision electrical-optical-mechanical assemblies in strict accordance with procedure.
- Uses standardized tools and electric equipment (i.e., torque wrenches, electric and pneumatic screwdrivers and ball drivers) to perform mechanical assembly on opto-mechanical assemblies.
- Enters data into company databases.
- Executes simple standardized process inspections/tests throughout the production process.
- Interfaces with engineers to support special builds, and experiments with detailed instructions.
- Collaborates with peers and/or supervisors to resolve problems depending on the level and complexity.
- Uses cleaning cloths with Acetone, Methanol, and Isopropyl alcohol to wipe surfaces prior to shipping product.
- Operates precision cleaning machinery.
- Prepares completed assemblies for shipment.
- Recommends procedural improvements to management.
- Follows control measures and processes to ensure the quality of modules produced.
- Identifies and documents discrepant material.
- Uses cleaning cloths with acetone, methanol, and isopropyl alcohol to wipe surfaces prior to shipping product.
- Maintains a clean work area, and is responsible for designated tools (routine maintenance and calibration).
- Trains others on areas of processes and troubleshooting when required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Requires a minimum of four (4) years of precision assembly experience.
- Experience working with precision optical components is desirable.
- ESD experience is desirable.
- Experience in using electronic/pneumatic tools preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Able to use electric and/ or pneumatic tools.
- Must be able to follow written assembly procedures and bill of materials (BOM).
- Experience with electro-optical and/or opto-mechanical systems as well as environmental testing is desired.
- Ability to perform in-process quality inspections of components and/or full assemblies within the Manufacturing area(s).
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and 5S principles preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires general computer skills and knowledge.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability