12 days ago - req25022
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Are you a top performing, commercially minded lawyer with a passion for technology? Are you solution oriented, business-savvy, quick to adapt and understand complex and fast changing systems and processes, always looking to improve and have a superior eye for detail and legal quality?
ASML is searching for a legal counsel to join its international team of highly engaged lawyers. As part of the HQ Legal Compliance team and the Ethics Office, in this dual role you will help our business by supporting senior legal counsel and ethics officers on compliance topics. The position is full time and based in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
ASML is the world's leading provider of equipment and services for the semiconductor industry. ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services these advanced systems, which continue to help major semiconductor companies reduce the size and increase the functionality of semiconductors and consumer electronic equipment. With a market cap of over 130 billion Euro, ASML is the largest technology company in Europe.
Your role will involve:
- Supporting the maturity steps which are being undertaken in several compliance programs that are owned by the Legal department, including antitrust, anti-bribery, corruption and fraud, and conflicts of interest. For example by developing and maintaining policies,helping to prepare trainings, implementing best-in-class compliance tools and project management.
- Supporting senior lawyers and ethics officers in the department on a number of compliance and ethics related projects such as raising further awareness and compliance with the ASML Code of Conduct and related programs, monitoring of Speak Up, implementing steps to support improvement and handling of case management.
- Assistance with relaunching legal compliance and ethics website, potentially as a project manager.
- Cooperating with ASML regional legal counsels worldwide, ASML Corporate Compliance and other stakeholders when managing, monitoring and coordinating compliance programs and projects.
An academic law degree and excellent academic credentials.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in an international legal/business environment, either as in-house legal counsel or within a law firm
- A proven interest in one or more compliance and ethics related areas
- Commercially oriented and a quick learner
- Flexible, with the ability to take on tasks across various legal areas in parallel
- Highly motivated, pro-active and service oriented
- Able to clearly communicate and explain legal issues to non-legal clients (often with an engineering background)
- Tech and business savvy
- Able to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment, engaging and building relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Proficient in (business) English
Context of the position
A highly successful Legal department responsible for defining and implementing ASML's worldwide legal strategy and for ensuring all ASML entities worldwide comply with international laws and regulations. As a dynamic and international team of around 40 highly empowered, business oriented lawyers, our mission is to minimize legal risks and to maximize legal and commercial opportunities for our business.
Interested in this position? Please apply with cv and cover letter detailing your motivation to apply for this position.