30+ days ago - req25060
Senior Communication Lead
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
A modern, knowledge-driven company, in many ways, runs on communication. Empowered employees need knowledge and information to do their jobs, and need to understand the big picture to make smart decisions. Leaders who understand the potential of communications to help achieve business results need the right tools, platforms and hands-on support to increase their impact. Change is constant and needs to be explained and advocated. As communications professionals at ASML, we believe we are much more than information purveyors or internal journalists. We seek to support the company in raising its communications competence, improving its communication flows, and thereby increase employee engagement and achieve better results. Will you join us?
We are looking for an experienced change communication professional with at least 10 years’ experience from an international environment. You have a proven track record in setting up communications strategy for large scale transformations in a complex business, multiple stakeholder environment.
You are able to give strategic advice to senior managers as well as being a strong project communication lead with an eye for helping the team break up complex problems and opportunities into executable tasks and deliverables. You feel motivated to take ownership for professional communications activities within the scope of the role, focused on value-add activities that help realize the objectives of ONE in an integrated way with ASML Business and sector messaging. You feel comfortable driving your initiatives and ideas even in times of ambiguity. Addressing challenges and creating a basis for your team and you to be able to have impact, is something that comes natural.
You have a natural tendency to build strong relationship management with all relevant stakeholders and together with them identify barriers to effective communications and work with them to address and overcome these. You are motivated by personal achievements, however foremost by the results your reach together with others.
A proven track record with a large transformation or change program is critical.Experience with ERP implementations within an engineering field and affinity with the engineering mindset are considered an advantage.
You’ll have the functional responsibility for the ONE internal communication team consisting out of communication experts responsible for the tactical and operational communication across ASML and within the program itself. You are part of the Operations Internal communications team even though the role is scoped with a focus across all business lines and sectors of ASML. The role is for 36-40 hours a week and based in Veldhoven. Limited travelling abroad.
In one of ASML’s most important business transformation programs, we are working on solutions to improve business processes and systems, end to end. The communication lead is overall responsible for the program communications, on three levels: inside this program team of around 900 people, to senior stakeholders across the company and to all colleagues across ASML. Three main aspects:
- Deliver a communications strategy and plan that connect the various communications priorities for ONE and which help drive the business transformation across ASML. You will liaise with the Internal Communications team to ensure strategic and operational alignment with strategic, business and relevant change topics. A clear objective is to integrate the ONE communication into the ‘normal’ business communication wherever possible.
- Lead and empower the ONE communication team to enable aligned and multi-channel communication.
- Help ONE leadership to achieve the relevant communication objectives and to lead by example in this business transformation.
- Overall responsible for program communications.
- Work closely with the ONE leadership team to further develop and drive a strong change story across ASML.
- Shape and build the communications team (functional responsibility), which is mainly made up out of communication professionals new to the program. Ensure we build a team that is able to support various projects and clusters in an agile manner.
- Further develop the communications strategy and detailed plan together with the communication team.
- Empower and support the communication team to execute on the communications plan. Ensure the team designs, develops, and implements communications vehicles and messaging, which support the objective of ONE and the business.
- Closely align with Business Change Office Lead for leadership communications across ASML.
- Closely align with other Internal Communications business partners and Business Adoption leads (change managers) on timing and impact of communications within the business sectors.
Bachelor or Master’s degree in a relevant field.
Advanced English skills, at native level.
A minimum of 10 years relevant experience in internal communications with an emphasis on change communication.
Context of the position
You will be the communication lead for Our New Enterprise (ONE), which is an ambitious change program, delivering solutions for IT systems, e.g. SAP, and business processes, e.g. configuration management. You will be working with a team of organizational change specialists, and with change and communications experts across ASML, enabling and aligning the communication about the adoption of all solutions delivered by the program.
You will be part of a diverse communications team with a variety of backgrounds and nationalities, offering inspiration and opportunities to develop yourself. Communications at ASML covers corporate communications, employer branding and recruitment marketing as well as internal communications.
ASML’s internal communications team is structured in several groups that support different business lines or units, plus a channel management team. The scope of your role is across ASML, however your ‘home’ in the Internal Communications team will be in the Operations Internal communications team. The team works closely with the IC Business Partners in the Business Lines, and Development & Engineering and also contributes to company-wide communications initiatives and major internal events.
This is a full-time position (40 hours).
Interested? Please apply with your English CV and cover letter.