30+ days ago - req25084
Workforce Development Leader - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other job categories
JoinASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Optical Workforce Development leader is responsible for developing, coordinating and delivering all programs and initiatives focused on building the Wilton Factory optical fabrication workforce. The role will establish programs for on-going technical development of the optics workforce, on-boarding and development of new hires, and workforce development programs such as apprenticeships. Also, the role will strengthen external talent pipelines with a specific focus on promoting pathways to manufacturing careers in the local Connecticut labor market. These initiatives include external outreach to build talent pipelines and building relationships with government, education, and other local entities to foster local/regional STEM/Optics related workforce development programs.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The Optical Workforce Development leader will primarily support the Wilton Factory Optical organization in the development of its workforce and will be responsible for:
- Defining and executing Wilton Factory optics workforce development and training plans.Acts in role as a project leader and oversees the execution of training programs.
- Translating technical requirements to effective task-based skills development training content and delivery methods.
- Developing networks across the ASML organization (within sector and cross-sector), including global manufacturing, and align and influence workforce and training plans that meet sector workforce development needs.
- Assessing and adjusting strategies and processes to meet on-going business development demands.
- Conducting on-going stakeholder assessments and define and execute workforce development plans; this will include alignment with senior sector executives/leaders and global management leaders to ensure they support and align to plans.
- Executing workforce development needs analysis and developing apprenticeship and internship programs that increase the vitality of our workforce pipelines.
- Interacting with and influencing government and education institutions to build education programs and degrees that support ASML technical roadmaps with a specific focus on optical technologies.
- Engaging and securing available government and economic development funding to off-set cost to workforce development programs.
- Participate in external boards/organizations focused on workforce development initiatives.
- Project leader responsibilities to support program execution.
Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience.A degree in engineering or related field is preferred
- 10 - 15 years in manufacturing with knowledge of manufacturing processes and talent requirements.
- 5 or more years of experience/awareness of optical manufacturing preferred.
- Solid understanding of workforce development needs in manufacturing.
- Demonstrated capability to translate technical requirements to actionable task based learning and skills development.
- Ability to develop and execute projects plans and achieve deadlines.
- Awareness of Connecticut government and education institutions.
- Experienced with executing local, state, and federal grants to help support funding initiatives.
- Ability to connect people and drive teams.
- Able to communicate and influence from craftspeople to senior executive level.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills.
- Possesses excellent writing and strong presentation skills.
- Highly collaborative and strong influencing skills.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability