30+ days ago - req25173
Cleanliness Verification Engineer
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science, Physics
If you are an expert in surface and interfacial chemistry or materials chemistry. Can identify new and existing techniques for contamination removal. Take the lead in introducing new or existing contamination removal processesfor a range of materials like metals, glasses, ceramics, plastics and combinations thereof. Optimize these processes for application on mono parts and assemblies . Industrialize these processes for use at suppliers, in ASML factories and at customers worldwide. Then this is an exciting opportunity for you!
The mission of the Process & Cleanliness Control group is to enable the ASML organization, Suppliers and Cleaning Service Providers to design, manufacture, assemble and clean mono-parts, modules and systems that fulfill the cleanliness specifications. Furthermore, the group is responsible for the identification, design and industrialization of the contamination removal processes and their verification techniques, and managing these within the linked n-Tier supply chain.
As part of the Process and Cleanliness Control group you will take the lead in identifying, developing, testing, qualifying and industrializing new processes needed to remove particles and molecular contamination from critical parts in different phases of production process and the life cycle of the product. This development will take place within ASML and in co-operation with a third party. In both cases you need to create and execute test plans and maintain documentation to industrialize the cleaning process in ASML and its supply chain, and explore implementation at customers to mitigate failure modes. You will be expected to manage the relationship towards third parties and internal stakeholders with respect to every aspect of the development process.
- Identify possible new methods to remove contamination from critical parts
- Set-up testing and qualification plans and timeframes
- Execute DOEs to identify relevant process parameters and material compatibilities for new cleaning processes
- Industrialize the new cleaning methods
- Manage therelationship towards internal stakeholders and third parties involved in the identification, testing, qualification and industrialization of new cleaning processes.
Bachelor or Master degree in Chemistry.
- Strong scientific background in surface/interfacial chemistry and materials chemistry
- Affinity with the transfer of processes from an R&D environment into production
- Experience with RGA/XPS/SEM-EDX measurements and chemical analysis techniques such as mass spectrometry (including hyphenated techniques as GC-MS) and various spectroscopy techniques (UV/Vis, fluorescence, NMR, FTIR)
- Experience with software that supports statistical analysis
- Experience in the Semiconductor industry is a plus
- Experience with FMEAs, DOE, 6 Sigma, ISO cleanliness standards is a plus.
Strong analytical ability, pro-active, hands-on attitude, strong sense of ownership, solution driven, good communication and networking skills, good knowledge of English.
Context of the position
ASML is constantly pushing the limits of technology into areas where nobody has gone before. Our customers rely on us to provide them with the means to continue producing computer chips with ever smaller features, which are at the heart of the modern age.
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification and the design of ASML products like the EUV scanner. The Defectivity department within D&E is responsible for making sure our products, upon first assembly and after a failure mode at a customer, fulfill customer requirements with respect to particle contamination and molecular contamination.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Please add your complete & recent CV and motivation letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.