8 days ago - req25148
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
As an Electrical Engineer at ASML, you will participate in the design, development, testing and manufacturing support of Control Systems for EUV light sources.Contributes to the design of the integrated lightsources system control system, hardware architecture, modules, and elements; provides engineering support for product's full life cycle.Works with suppliers and other engineering groups to define, create and implement Controls and Electrical Systems designs and associated engineering and manufacturing documentation.
- Applies Electrical Engineering skills to design solutions for new product development.
- Under moderate supervision, exercises appropriate design and analysis as required to meet design objectives.
- Completes design projects using appropriate engineering, design verification and quality process controls.
- Assists in creating development and resource plans for focused engineering projects.Coordinates with Functional Management or Senior Engineers to prioritize and complete work assignments. Creates engineering change orders, commissions and approves engineering drawings, develops documentation, and evaluates prototype modules.
- Interacts with Suppliers, Procurement, Manufacturing, and other Cymer employees to develop designs, acquire prototypes and produce special-build/experimental modules.
- Completes sub-module component engineering projects with minimal oversight.
- Facilitates smooth transition of new designs to Manufacturing, including assessment of technical risk and feedback on qualification testing plan.
Facilitates product sustaining engineering for released designs through continuous quality monitoring & improvement, obsolescence mitigation, and field and factory support.
Requires a minimum of Bachelor s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Requires digital design experience with digital interfaces over fiber and copper interfaces.
- Requires Analog circuit design fundamentals.
- Requires knowledge in power distribution
- Requires knowledge in electrical codes and safety
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills utilizing MS Office with working knowledge in excel formulas and functions.
- Hands on hardware design and trouble-shooting experience with analog and high speed digital design solutions; Requirement definition, detailed design review, component selection, evaluation, procurement, design validation, manufacturing and release.
- Experience with engineering test equipment - logic analyzers, oscilloscopes,
- communication bus analyzers, frequency counters and arbitrary waveform generators.
- Experience with Mentor Graphics Schematic Capture, Simulation and Design Tools for high speed design, Spice, and Timing Designer
- Experience with Xilinx SDK/Vivado design tools is plus
- Board debug skills to include writing custom c code in Linux and bare metal environment is plus
- Protocol familiarity associated with PCIe, GigE, SFP, USB3, I2C & SPI
- Ability to write technical and status reports and procedures.
- Demonstrated high level of accountability, responsibility, and technical competence.
- Must be task focused and have a results oriented attitude and approach to the job responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a process driven team environment.
- Ability to use structured problem solving to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Broad technical knowledge of cabling concepts, connectivity concepts, EMC, safety, and HALT.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability