8 days ago - req25149
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
As an Electro-Mechanical Engineer, the responsibility will be to own the design, implementation and validation of highly reliable electronics for ASML's EUV systems. Participate in cross-functional teams and work with multiple engineering groups to outline and create electronic systems, validation plans and test infrastructure. Contribution to technical roadmap planning is encouraged, in addition to promoting innovation and incorporate relevant new technologies and methodologies into the design and integration processes.
- Create design specifications, perform 3D and 2D designs, generate drawings meeting requirements of the various electrical & electro-mechanical modules, keeping electrical safety and EMC in mind.
- Generation of the Technical Product Documentation (TPD), incorporation of engineering changes and master configuration management tools.
- Produce work breakdown structure aiding in planning for project deliverables.
- Operate in a multidisciplinary team and able to represent the team.
- Work with electrical/electronic architecture and design engineers to create pre-integration qualification plans.
- Provide system-level support for electronic components installed in the field including debugging and failure analysis.
- Maintain high quality of work, organize reviews, and participate in reviews of others.
- Manage outsourcing of electrical modules and act as a technical coach of others.
- Working experience with Human Ergonomic model a plus.
- Familiar with SAFe - Agile is a plus.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering required, with basic electronics a plus.
- 5+ year experience as an electro-mechanical designer, with significant hands-on experience in design, materials/components evaluation and selection, design validation and qualification.
- Experienced in 3D and 2D CAD design of complex products, preferably using Siemens NX.
- Broad technical knowledge of cabling and connectivity, EMC, electronic safety and other system-level concepts.
- Experienced with flow, thermal, structural and stacked tolerance analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a process driven environment, with a systematic and structured problem solving approach.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social and communication skills including ability to author technical specifications, status reports, presentations, business correspondence and procedures.
- Experienced with working in multidisciplinary design teams.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability