30+ days ago - req25133
Facilities Technician - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Other corporate functions
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other corporate functions
Other technical job categories
JoinASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Under immediate supervision performs a variety of skilled facility maintenance and repair work on ASML buildings and equipment.
Facility Maintenance Worker – Perform duties as assigned. Employees at this level receive only occasional instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arise and they are fully aware of the operating procedures and policies within the work unit.
These specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employee.
Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Basic plumbing; maintain, repair, and replace plumbing systems and fixtures such as faucets, drinking fountains, water heaters, water closets, urinals, water regulators, and pressure valves; repair boiler and boiler piping and pumps. Steam systems and traps.
- Basic Electrical; Maintain, repair, and replace electrical systems including light switches, outlets, interior and exterior light fixtures, computer lines, electrical panels, and card readers; replace light bulbs.
- Install and repair door lock sets; rekey locks and padlocks; cut keys.
- Basic Carpentry; Perform carpentry and trim and finish work; frame walls, doors, and windows; build or remodel offices; replace doors and windows; build or assemble cabinets, shelving, and furniture; hang, tape, and texture drywall.
- Perform painting work; prepare and paint or stain interiors, exteriors, and furniture of various material.
- Performs welding, masonry, flooring, and general repair work on buildings and furniture.
- Operate equipment as needed.
- Perform custodial duties as needed.
- Monitor and update HVAC control program.
- Operate and troubleshoot audio/video equipment used to record City Council meeting.
- Maintain records of work performed.
- Perform related duties as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Environment: Work is performed in an indoor and outdoor field environment; travel from site to site; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors, gases, mechanical and electrical hazards, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; incumbents may be required to respond to emergency and public calls after hours including evenings and weekends.
- Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; to climb unusual heights on ladders; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight; to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
- Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
- Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
- Safety: Familiar with safe protocol, safety glasses, gloves, shoes, etc.
High School diploma or GED required.
- Five years of increasingly responsible general maintenance experience in a variety of trades.
- A strong skill or skills in the fields of Plumbing, Welding, Carpentry or Electric is desired.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Possession of an appropriate, valid driver's license.
- Possession of a valid forklift certificate within one year of employment.
- Additional specialized training in building trades is desirable.
- Operations, services, and activities of a building maintenance, repair, and construction program.
- Materials, methods, terminology, equipment and tools used in the maintenance, repair, and construction of building structures and systems including those used in performing rough and finished carpentry, plumbing, heating, cooling, steam, electrical, mechanical, and painting work.
- Operational characteristics of tools and equipment used in building maintenance activities.
- Proper procedures used in the maintenance and repair of hand and power tools.
- Basic mathematical principles.
- Pertinent federal, state, and local codes, laws, and regulations including applicable building codes and ordinances.
- Principles and practices of record keeping.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Perform skilled work in a variety of building trades.
- Perform a full range of semi-skilled and skilled tasks involved in a variety of building maintenance, repair, and construction activities including those requiring rough and finished carpentry, plumbing, heating, electrical, mechanical, painting, and welding skills.
- Safely drive and skillfully operate power equipment and hand tools involved in building maintenance, repair, and construction.
- Maintain and repair a variety of tools and equipment.
- Read and work from sketches, blue prints, or drawings.
- Maintain records including time and material use records.
- Ensure adherence to safe work practices and procedures.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability