30+ days ago - req25144
Product Development Manager
Research & development
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
HMIMBI program teamis looking for a high value contributor to drive Multi-beam product development.HMI is developing a series of multi-beam technology based inspection products. This position will be responsible for the development and roll-out of a specific multi-beam product.
The Product Development Manager reports organizationally to the Program Manager and will interface with external and internal suppliers, Development & Engineering organization, customer support and other sectors within HMI and ASML.
• Product management
• System Engineering
• Development and Engineering
• Customer Service
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The key responsibility is the development and deployment of HMI Multi-beam inspection systems, starting with the first technology demonstrator eScan1000.
Translate the Product Roadmap into a Product Development Plan
• Use the Product Roadmap as input for the master plan
• Set up the project organization
• Create detailed timeline and budget
• Define key milestones and deliverables
• Ensure proper staffing to ensure delivery.
Actively manage the realization of the Product Development Plan
• Allocate work among the team in logical and efficient manner; ensures proper communication
• Pro-actively and intuitively identify potential bottlenecks, develop alternative scenarios, focus on meeting the overall timeline
• Actively measure progress against planning and budget on a weekly, or, if needed, daily basis; quickly adapt as needed
• Drive operational excellence through chairing the “Product Meeting” with participants from system engineering, architecture, project management
• Manage system inter-dependencies
• Manage priorities between projects
• Escalate issues timely when required
• Bachelor’s degree required with strong preference for Master’s degree.
• Relevant technical background as well as 7+ years’ experience in program/project management in the capital equipment or related industries
• Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
• Strong leadership and influencing skills
• Excellent communication skills, can build a bridge between different stakeholders within ASML
• Strong experience within technical, content driven
• Preferred experience with software development
• Strong entrepreneurial, can-do attitude and a P&L oriented program management style.
• Process-oriented with strong planning skills, sets clear goals, and is consistent in his/her approach
• Ability to think strategically and to drive change and transformation, yet remaining hands-on and focused
• Mature and independent, with the right type of gravitas to gain immediate acceptance within ASML organization
• Bias for speed and execution, confronts issues/roadblocks robustly, flexible to work in a fast growing and changing organization
Context of the position
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
To be completed
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability