15 days ago - req25288
EUV Global Support Engineer - based in Veldhoven, Netherlands
In a nutshell
The EUV environment still develops every day. This makes the field that you work in highly dynamic with the possibility to choose your own focus area. The three main tasks of a GSC Engineer are described below.
Technical Problem solving
As an EUV Global Support Engineer you are in charge to solve complex technical problems within your competency. You are owner of the problems that were not solved by our local expert teams at customer site.
You successfully execute your role as an expert by:
- Remotely analyzing data and creating deterministic forward looking action plans;
- Good alignment on expectations with the local teams and your GSC colleagues worldwide;
- Making clear problem description, providing right data when involving additional help from development engineers to drive fast incident resolution;
- Cooperating with departments to approach to complex issues; You are the connection between multiple different competencies/departments of the organization and the driving progress forward.;
- Delivering on-site support when required to solve the problem at the customer site;
- Managing technical escalations, aligning with multiple stakeholders across ASML;
Secure the “fix-for good” approach by proposing structural improvement(s) to our CS Service Engineering department.
During the New product introduction (NPI) phase you are assigned to the project in order to gain the required skills and knowledge to independently support field escalations. You are in charge of your own training plan and indicate what is required. Transfer and share gained skills and knowledge within WW GSC in order to establish and maintain equal Continental support. Travel onsite during introduction phase support by delivering knowledge/escalation handling to local organization.
Once a problem is solved, it must be prevented from happening again. A GSC Engineer should only see unique problems. This keeps the day-to-day business very interesting. You contribute to this with the following;
- Identify learning by use of Incident Repeat Prevention process and make sure that proper follow-up is secured;
- Proliferate the impact on the customer side and translate the requirement into ASML service and design;
- Mentor trainees and deliver feedback on potential improvements;
- Proliferate knowledge to the field at every opportunity;
- Integral background Information in action plans;
- Combine on-site support with knowledge transfers to local organization.
Master’s degree in technical science (Physics, Software, Mechanical or other technical degrees).
2-5 years of relevant working experience is preferred.
- Strong analytic and abstract capability;
- Pro-active initiating attitude;
- Flexible in working hours, work environment and travel on short notice (sometimes the same day);
- Ability to work in a highly pressured environment;
- Team worker;
- Strong communicator in English (both oral and written);
- Good social skills;
- Ability to plan and set priorities;
- Ability and willing to work with people from multicultural background;
- Willingness to travel.
Context of the position
The Customer Support Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at our customers' sites and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local Customer Support branches (Field Support) perform these tasks at the customers within their specific region. The Global Support Center is responsible for providing technical support to the local CS branches in order to maximize ASML tool performance. The bolder of this position reports to the Working Supervisor Global Support Center Europe.
Position will require traveling up to 30%. Home base is ASML’s Veldhoven office in the Netherlands.
Please submit your CV and motivation letter when applying for this role.