30+ days ago - req25397
Research & development
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The Configuration Engineer (CE) is part of the Test Engineering Team and owns the system configuration for the assigned proto systems. Responsibility includes, but is not limited to, the registration of all hardware built into the system, understanding the delta to the required baseline configuration and support definition of a plan to close the gap in line with integration requirements. The CE secures materials, tools and resources, including sequences and procedures, to facilitate the execution of Engineering Changes. The CE will support the Upgrade Integrator, Configuration Architect, and will work closely with machine owners (Proto Integrators) to maintain configuration.Supports engineering, research and development, and manufacturing in the testing of optical, mechanical and electrical modules and sub-systems, and the integration and test of complex systems.
- Maintains the documented “As Built” configuration of proto systems.
- Reports configuration status to management on a regular basis and can explain delta to baseline configuration plus plan to close gap.
- Audits “As Built” machines on a regular basis.
- Works with Integration Engineering to define test configurations as part of the test plan specification.
- Produces clear, concise documentation in defined ASML/Cymer formats.
- Drive material, tooling and resource availability for upgrade activities.
- Works according set safety standards in- and outside cleanroom.
- Collect inputs required for upgrade package and sequence creation from for example drawings, specification documents and other sources of information.
- Participates in acceptance testing the design.
- Completes service, expense reports, and other administrative responsibilities in accordance with ASML’s procedures and with supervisor’s approval.
- Uses company technical documentation and provides feedback for improvement and assists in creating technical service documentation.
- Interacts with cross-functional groups (engineers, scientists, worldwide customer support personnel, manufacturing personnel, logistics, and upper management). Crosses functional boundaries and builds constructive and effective relationships throughout the whole organization.
BS in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics, Applied Physics, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge and experiences in high-tech machinery, optics, laser-induced plasma, optical metrology, and/or controls of such devices preferred. Experiences with vacuum system a plus.
- Experiences in semiconductor equipment development a strong plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Performs data collection, statistical analysis, and report summarization, including supporting development of data automation tools and processes.
- Effectively reports problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent (internal) customer servicing skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Experience in using MS, especially Excel and VBA; Spotfire, SAP, and Siemens Teamcenter PLM SW.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, maintenance manuals and engineering sketches.
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions.
- Possesses good oral presentation skills and be able to effectively present results in a team meeting.
- Plan activities and execute to schedules established by program
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Will require travel dependent on business needs.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level, including occasionally working in a cleanroom environment.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability