30+ days ago - req25395
DUV Manufacturing Test Technician
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Performs a wide variety of electronic, electro-mechanical, or opto-mechanical assembly operations on systems, assemblies or sub-assemblies. Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units. Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to work instructions.
- Builds and validates precision Opto-mechanical assemblies in strict accordance with procedure.
- Uses standardized tools and electric equipment (i.e., torque wrenches, electric and pneumatic screwdrivers and ball drivers) to perform mechanical assembly on opto-mechanical assemblies.
- Enters data into company databases. Audits data to ensure accuracy.
- Executes simple standardized process inspections/tests throughout the production process.
- Interfaces with engineers to support special builds, and experiments with detailed instructions.
- Collaborates with peers and/or supervisors to resolve problems depending on the level and complexity.
- Uses cleaning cloths with Acetone, Methanol, and Isopropyl alcohol to wipe surfaces prior to shipping product.
- Operates precision cleaning machinery.
- Prepares completed assemblies for shipment.
- Recommends procedural improvements to management.
- Follows control measures and processes to ensure the quality of modules produced.
- Identifies and documents discrepant material.
- May provide guidance and/ or train other team members.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Requires a minimum of six (6) years of precision assembly experience.
- Experience working with precision optical components is desirable.
- ESD experience is desirable.
- Experience in using electronic/pneumatic tools preferred.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability