30+ days ago - req25308
Mechanical Engineer - Electronic Packaging - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
JoinASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. As a Mechanical Engineer- Electronics Packaging specialist, you will be responsible for developing portions of the lithography system and/or associated tooling related to the electronics infrastructure.
As a Mechanical Engineer- Electronics Packaging Specialist you will:
- Perform mechanical design and development associated with packaging electronic circuits including, assembly design, analysis, test, and manufacturing introduction support for both new and existing electronics design projects.
- Understand and mitigate possible failure mechanisms associated with materials, interconnects, and environmental loads to develop a reliable design.
- Communicate with a team of multi-disciplined engineers (Systems , Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, New Product Logistics, and Product Information Management) for design and logistic release approval.
- Investigate and edit product structures, generate CAD models, 2D/3D drawings and be responsible for the final technical data package.
- Create, edit, review, and drive Engineering Changes to closure.
- Self-Checking and Peer-Checking department designs and change notifications.
BS Engineering with a major in any of the following, or equivalent experience:
- Mechanical Engineering (with Electronics Packaging Experience preferred)
- Industrial Engineering (taken under advisement based on work experience)
- 5 to 10 years of Mechanical design & logistics.
- The position requires highly motivated, extremely organized and self-driven individuals.
- Ability to design and document all aspects of the electrical infrastructure including:
- AC, DC, Main power distribution (panel boards, boxes and cabinets).
- Interconnect cables, bundles and connectors (harnessing).
- Electronic racks, cabinets, control consoles.
- Interfacing with printed circuit board designs.
- Modeling of flex and rigid PWB’s including volumes and critical part locations.
- Experience designing electronic enclosure assemblies.
- Experience in sheet metal design.
- Experience designing for manufacturability (DFM) and developing assembly work instructions for low to medium volume products.
- Experience with 3D solid modeling for design conceptualization and realization (preferred experience using NX).
- Experience supporting design fit check during integration & testing of electrical & electronic systems at the module, sub-system & system level.
- Knowledgeable of industry codes and standards ( i.e. NEC 70, NFPA 79, Machine Tool Standards).
- Knowledge of FEA is a plus.
- Working knowledge of wiring diagrams and schematic diagrams.
- Working knowledge of design drafting best practices including geometric dimensioning.
- Perform dimensional and tolerance analysis as needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to write assembly, test procedures, test specifications and test reports.
- 3D CAD - NX preferred (currently using NX11), other 3D CAD programs acceptable.
- DMS - TeamCenter preferred (currently using TC10), other DMS programs acceptable.
- Master Data - SAP, other Master Data Management systems acceptable.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability