30+ days ago - req25303
Team Lead - Tax and Treasury Accounting, Control and Compliance
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Are you keen to take up a new challenge in a global fast growing company? Do you have strong experience and affinity with tax and treasury accounting, control and compliance? Then the role of Team Lead for the Tax & Treasury Accounting, Control and Compliance Team might be something for you:
A professional who makes the difference because it’s in your nature to standardize, simplify and automate, who is able to connect the dots and embraces a challenge in a global and quickly changing environment.
At ASML we constantly have to ensure that our people, processes and information enable us to realize our growth and meet our ambitious business objectives. Especially in this exciting era of automation, digitalization, robotics and data mining, it allows Finance to bring breakthroughs in the ways of working, enabling ASML’s future growth and its success.
Recently ASML has launched its transformation towards Global Enabling Services (GES) establishing world-class teams to deliver the best E2E processes. The first processes brought live are Record to Report, Supplier Financial Services, Customer Financial Services and Employee Financial Services.
To realize our world class ambition, we needa team lead to ensure effective and efficient processes and controls for our Tax and Treasury positions. The team lead is responsible to drive the global tax and treasury processes like tax accounting, transfer price calculations, accounting for uncertain tax positions, managing hedges as well as usage of financial instruments, and to ensure direct and indirect tax compliance for the EMEA entities of ASML. As team lead you will be responsible for the Tax & Treasury team located in Veldhoven (in total consisting of 6 people). The team is part of the ASML Record to Report organization.
As team lead you will be responsible for:
- Execution of the periodic tax and treasury accounting process (incl. transfer price calculations) for group consolidation & reporting purposes. Such in close collaboration with the ASML Accounting Experts and the Corporate Treasury and Tax&Customs Teams (all part of the ASML Expert & Advisory team);
- Ensuring efficient and accurate accounting of treasury activities, including financial instrument accounting and hedge accounting;
- Preparing proposals and working together with Expert Advisory team on special transactions and ensuring incorporation of changes in accounting standards;
- Execution & monitoring of the tax compliance processes (e.g. CIT, VAT, dividend WHT etc.) for the ASML EMEA entities;
- Maintaining, monitoring and reporting on the global execution of the treasury policies;
- Creating and maintaining treasury specific management information;
- Determination & monitoring of tax positions (incl. transfer price adjustments) of ASML EMEA entities for group and local statutory purposes;
- Execution of day to day Treasury Control activities, (incl. deal confirmation, exposure monitoring and alignment with treasury front office).
- Execution for the worldwide payment process;
- Execution of data gathering for Country-by-Country Reporting purposes as well as DAC6 reporting;
- Supporting tax audits and facilitate tax data gathering for internal decision taking and alignment with external stakeholders;
- Maintaining and monitoring SOX compliant processes and contribute to execution of SOX controls;
- Maintaining the Tax and Treasury related text and figures included in the (bi-)annual external reports;
- Contributing to tax and treasury projects of ASML;
- Contribute and or initiate changes to make the tax and treasury related process more robust and efficient.
- Master’s degree in Accounting supplemented by relevant Tax and Treasury education;
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing;
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in multinational environment in comparable positions/ or Big Four;
- Experience with tax accounting and tax compliance and related processes;
- Experience with treasury accounting and treasury processes;
- IT technical experience with data analytics, data mining and automation of processes is an advantage;
- Experience in leading a team of highly skilled and motivated people.
- Strong drive with a hands-on, structured, accurate and result oriented working style;
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues globally, also in other functional areas;
- Strong understanding of financial accounting processes, able to think through E2E accounting process;
- Multi-disciplinary & multi-cultural understanding, values differences and is able to bridge between different departments and people;
- Has a strategic and innovative mindset;
- Demonstrable ability to engage and manage senior and different level stakeholders and multicultural audience through superior communication and presentation skills.
Context of the position
The team works closely together with the Corporate Treasury, Tax & Customs and Accounting Expert Advisory teams. ASML Corporate Treasury comprises of Treasury, Corporate Insurance and Corporate Finance, the Accounting Expert group comprises of the Corporate Chief Accountant and technical accounting experts. The Corporate Tax & Customs team stakeholder is responsible for all tax and customs compliance.
The primary objective of tax, accounting & complianceis to effectively and efficiently execute the periodic accounting process for group consolidation purposes (US GAAP and IFRS), execution of the compliance obligations for the ASML EMEA entities, execute consolidated tax compliance obligations as Country-by-Country Reporting and DAC6 and to prepare/facilitate tax/financial data for statutory reporting purposes, internal decision taking and alignment with external stakeholders (e.g. tax authorities).
The objective of treasury control is to ensure an efficient and effective globally managed treasury control process, including daily oversight on the group treasury process, maintaining treasury policies and internal controls, managing the worldwide payment process and leading the monthly treasury financial closing and reporting process.
Part of your job is continuous process improvement to achieve world class operations.
Interested in this position? Please apply with CV and cover letter detailing your motivation to take on this role.