16 days ago - req25416
Build Fine Technician
In a nutshell
In April 2021 ASML will start production of its first EXE prototypes, the newest generation extreme ultra-violet (EUV) lithography machines.
The EXE will be built according to a production process where the EXE is split up into multiple Mini Machines (e.g. modular building), reducing cycle time because Mini Machines can be built and qualified in parallel.
Once qualified these Mini Machines will be internally transported to a build cabin. In these cabins each Mini Machine will become part of a full functional machine (system). This entire system is assembled, tested and qualified before leaving the cleanroom towards the customer.
In the future there may be a different approach taken where instead of assembling and qualifying the total EUV machine in Veldhoven, the Mini Machines will be shipped to our customers directly, after assembly and passing the Factory Acceptance Test. Final Assembly and System Qualification will then be executed in the field, at the customer site, instead of in Veldhoven.
Production starts in low volume between 2021 - 2025 and will ramp up to approximately 15 systems a year. Technicians will be cross trained to be able to work on multiple activities/competences. Initially the team of the new factory will start in Q4 2020 with 51 FTE and grow to approximately 162 FTE in 2023. EXE will be organized as a LEAN Factory with Technicians working in a Natural team setup.
EXE5000 (EUV Factory) Manufacturing is responsible for Build, Qualification, Disassembly and Install of Mini Machine systems and Complete Source and Scanner systems. The System Integration department in Manufacturing is responsible for the assembly and qualification of the Total System, Source Build and CO2 milestones.
The Technician assembles, adjusts, qualifies and delivers ASML (Sub)-modules according to agreed specifications and delivery times with the mindset to continuously improve factory processes and his/her own way of working.
Working in a new factory with a new team requires a flexible mindset, especially because volumes are low and of the ramp up in the first years. To optimally organize capacity, maximize learning and have an active quality feedback loop Technicians will work on different types of activities. The same team that is building the Mini Machine in Veldhoven, will also build the system at the customer site. From the first system onwards the field factory team from CS will join the installs with Technicians, who are trained in Veldhoven in 2021.
- Build, install and align components for System Integration;
- De-assemble, lock components and prepare them for pack;
- Solving problems which may occur while maintaining the planned delivery times and quality;
- Work and drive continuous improvement of products and processes in own work center and (Internal) customer;
- Improve learning curve of product and processes via short feedback loops;
- Act as the ‘customer’ and provide support when new products are introduced into the production process;
- Identify and report expected bottlenecks and solve technical problems if needed in close cooperation with other disciplines;
- Plan and prioritize own work;
- Report, inform and escalate correctly and timely on progress and status;
- Identify structural issues and support Engineering during diagnostics;
- Actively seek for relevant knowledge;
- Share and train knowledge and skills;
- Able to work in multi-disciplinary teams within a high-tech environment.
- Vocational studies (MBO 4) mechanical engineering, mechatronics, applied physics, aerospace or automotive engineering.
- Bachelor candidates with a mechanical engineering, mechatronics, applied physics, aerospace or automotive engineering background with 0-2 years’ experience and hands on mentality can also apply.
At least 4 years hands on assembly and qualification experience in a high-tech production or customer service environment, e.g. mechanical engineering, mechatronics, aerospace, electronics or automotive engineering.
In addition experience with diagnosis of high tech equipment.
Proven affinity with system assembling, testing and troubleshooting is essential.
- Independent, pro-active, flexible team player;
- Analytical: Solving problems;
- Methodical: Can work according to standard work practices;
- Assertiveness: In the lead to process engineering and development;
- Eager to learn and expand skills;
- Willing to train and share knowledge and skills;
- Is fluent in English and Dutch, both verbally and written; e.g. able to write procedure comments and transfer documents in English. Dutch language skills are a strong requirement.
Context of the position
- The Technician reports to the Team Leader;
- Shifts: 2 shift (4 days a week, 1 weekend every 4 weeks) in Veldhoven and flexible in the field, working in an extremely clean environment;
- Travel expectation is max 30% of the time.
Please submit an updated version of your CV with a cover letter stating your clear motivation to apply for this specific role at ASML.