You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
eBeam (HMI) Technical Support Engineer – UIR and Remote Support
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The company-formerly called Hermes Microvision, Inc.-launched its R&D operations in Silicon Valley, gathering some of the brightest minds in physics, electron optics, image processing, software, electronics and control, and mechanical structure to address the semiconductor industry’s growing challenges with shrinking microchips.
Following the company’s creed to “solve customers’ problems, become the customers’ partner, and build up mutual trust with customers,” HMI became a leader in wafer defect inspection technology. HMI’s dedication to the R&D, manufacturing, sales and service of its products continues today as part of ASML.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
Learn more about ASML/HMI here: HMI|ASML-Supplying the semiconductor industry.Primary working hours are Monday/Friday, 8am to 5pm. There will be occasional need for 12 hour shifts, days.
eBeam (HMI) Technical Support Engineer-UIR and Remote Support:
- Install, De-Install and Upgrade equipment at customer locations. Via either supporting the local team, or owning the action from initiation through the end of HW qualification, as all as supporting through applications qualification if any HW issues arise.
- Support Small Site in performing complex service actions and repairs.
- Provide focused training via OTJ for complex events, helping to up-skill local teams on specialized actions.
- Evaluate and diagnose problems remotely, providing action plans to other regions/teams as needed.
- Advise users of appropriate actions to correct malfunctions and may recommend changes in user procedures.
- Prepare written technical reports on an independent basis.
- Provide appropriate support and assistance to less experienced ASML/HMI personnel as necessary.
- High level of interaction with third line (ASML Head Quarters, GSC/IE/D&E) and questions progress on issues.
30-50% travel required:
- International-Taiwan, Japan, Korea, China.
- Domestic-Oregon, California, New York, Texas, Utah, Idaho.
Education and experience
- BSEE, BSME, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of semiconductor industry, vacuum system, or SEM is preferred.
- Verbal and written language skills in English.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Capable of resolving most issues without assistance & highly independent in a regional support position.
- Ability to make decisions in the priority of problem solving.
- Work unsupervised and be responsible for projects, track equipment performance and prepare technical reports.
- Take initiative and ownership to increase skill and knowledge level in team.
- Document knowledge systematically and in an accessible way.
- Clear and effective communication skills required.
- Ability to thrive in a very dynamic and high pace environment.
- Multi-task team player with good ability to work under different working environment pressures.
- Open for cultural differences and able to work with a site of different cultures and WOW.
- Motivated, pro-active, self-driven, and flexible.
Diversity and inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability