28 days ago - req25422
Field Service Engineer - based in Munich, Germany
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
You want to build success … Then join us to support our customers' needs and help them to stay competitive in the market.
The Field Service Engineer provides onsite Support at our customers' fabs through the performance of repairs and maintenance of complex Lithography Equipment. You will be part of the introduction of a new platform of ASML lithography systems at our customer in Munich.
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) is part of the Customer Support (CS) organization, which is responsible for the repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at the customer site and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. The FSE, an ambassador for ASML, must be the first line of support for the repair and maintenance of the ASML Systems. You will take a pivotal role as a linking between the customer in Munich and the central CS organization which requires a high level of personal ownership, initiative and drive.
The FSE will interface with the customer, regional ASML Management and next level Support within the ASML Organization to assure timely and accurate support. The FSE must be able to clearly communicate between key stakeholders of technical, organizational and operational stakeholders in relation to drive availability to their specific customer. Provide our customer with a quality experience by utilizing planning, problem-solving and communication skills. Develop an ongoing relationship of trust and reliability with the customer and co-workers. You will be working hands-on on our DUV Lithography systems, and you will:
- Analyze and diagnose problems and make appropriate repairs according our processes and using Best Known Methods (BKM);
- Execute regular maintenance and implement upgrades;
- Ensure proper operation of ASML machines at customer site;
- Document your work and create accurate reports, accurately maintain/document time and works actions;
- Monitor system performance;
- Drive improvement via proper channels;
- If needed effectively escalating problems to the next higher level, based on broad knowledge.
Preferred is a Bachelor degree in an Engineering field (e.g. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics).
- Preferred is 3-7 years’ of relevant work experience;
- Experience in a cleanroom setting;
- Strong hands-on and troubleshooting skills;
- Preferred is working experience in the semiconductor industry within the European Union.
- Independent working; excellent communicative skill, fluent in both German and English;
- Proven ability to effectively work in a demanding and challenging environment;
- Strong logical thinking, problem solving skills and show attention to details;
- Because you act as a single point of contact for the customer, you show ownership and responsibility, as well as the ability to adapt to customer circumstances, be proactive and drive for changes;
- Be a strong team player;
- Flexibility, possible support of other ASML sites requires ~30 % travel (pending on request);
- Ability to work in a pattern based 12 hour shift also on weekends
- You have an international driving license.
- Quality focus, enable quality mindset in daily operation.
Context of the position
The position is for a job based in Munich, Germany.
If not currently living in the region of Munich, please clarify specifically in your motivation letter why you want to relocate to Munich.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.