20 days ago - req25453
Lead engineer Linux operating systems
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Founded in 1984, ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits and chips. ASML has its R&D and manufacturing operations in the United States, China, Taiwan, Korea and in Veldhoven, the Netherlands employing over 19.000 people.
The IT organization of ASML supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. Part of the IT organization is the department IT Core Services providing all, mission-critical, IT support services. Amongst others this department includes generic IT infrastructure services like laptops and desktops, telecom services, network and datacenters.
As a Lead Engineer your job mission is to ensure that the image of operating systems used in ASML are managed to the best economic advantage of the company enabling ASML to move forward in a high demanding, fast moving and dynamic environment.
As a Lead Engineer you carry the responsibility for safeguarding the images of Operating Systems. This is a mix of Linux/Windows, with the emphasis on Linux. You will act on both an operational level, ensuring that designs, procedures and policies are in place, as a tactical level, translating the OS strategy into technical roadmaps.
As a Technical Landscape Owner OS image you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Translate and realize the strategy of OS’s into technical roadmaps
- Validate design plans, quotes and orders proposed by vendors/contractors
- Coordinate and assure quality of OS related changes, incidents and problems
- Report on the patch levels of OS’s
- Signal, analyze and realize improvements on procedures and policies used in the daily operation
- Translate decisions into practical guidelines, policies and implementation plans
- Provide technical consultation to internal business partners
- Participate in domain architecture governance to identify and design the future state of global supported OS images
- Support in the rollout of complex changes
- Support in finding resolutions of high impact incidents
- Responsible for providing capacity input towards Capacity Manager
- Responsible for capacity management of the service and review the capacity reports on a monthly basis
- Provide capacity input for the capacity plan towards Capacity Manager
- Bachelor or master degree in the area of computer science, technical business administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid industry certifications such as MCSA Windows X, LFCE, LFCS or RHCSA
- 8+ years professional experience with a focus on the creation of technical compute roadmaps
- Broad knowledge of design compliance and internal auditing programs
- Experienced in participating in complex projects
- Experienced in working in an environment where IT Service Management processes are used (e.g. ITIL)
- Experience with cooperation with third party companies
- Familiar with Agile/SAFE
- Analytical, entrepreneurial, flexible and result oriented are keywords
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written in Dutch and English
- Excellent leadership, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team player in the different management layers
- Meet the required standards expected against the leadership capability model
Context of the position
As a Lead engineer OS image you are a member of the IT Core Infrastructure Services team, part of the IT Core services department of ASML. Within the position you will report directly to the Manager of the Infrastructure Services team.
IT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities. IT is striving for operational excellence by implementing extensive improvement programs to boost quality and reliability, to reduce costs and to minimize risks into our day-to-day operations. This means a high demanding environment with unique possibilities to learn, grow and to develop skills and careers in multiple domains.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.