30+ days ago - req25453
Solution Architect IAAS-Datacenter
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Founded in 1984, ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits and chips. ASML has its R&D and manufacturing operations in the United States, China, Taiwan, Korea and in Veldhoven, the Netherlands employing over 19.000 people.
The IT organization of ASML supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. Part of the IT organization is the department IT Core Services providing all, mission-critical, IT support services. This not only includes generic IT infrastructure services like laptops and desktops, telecom services, network and datacenters but also the IT applications which are used within ASML.
As a Lead Engineer your job mission is to ensure that the image of operating systems used in ASML are managed to the best economic advantage of the company enabling ASML to move forward in a high demanding, fast moving and dynamic environment.
As a Solution Architect IAAS-Datacenter you are responsible for the further development of the enterprise Infrastructure architecture within the eIAAS and Datacenter domain. You will act on both a tactical level designing, documenting and communicating solutions that meet business requirements and which are in line with the enterprise architecture standards and guidelines as on a strategic level, identifying and designing the future state of the global eIAAS and Datacenter domain.
As a Solution Architect IAAS-Datacenteryou will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Consult in the identification and refinement of business requirements, and functional specifications of projects and programs
- Design, document and communicate business solutions in the eIAAS and Datacenter area according enterprise architecture standards and guidelines
- Embed the enterprise architecture standards and guidelines in the eIAAS and datacenter domain and define complementary principles, such as the lifecycle management policy, providing guidance to Technical Landscape Owners, Service Managers and external service providers.
- Translate and realize the strategy of OS’s into technical roadmaps with respect to topics like o.s. patching, server hardening, etc
- Assure quality of OS related changes and problems, support rollout of complex OS, IAAS, PAAS or datacenter changes
- Collaborate with Solution Architects of other functions in order to identify impact and provide solutions of cross-functional architectural requirements
- Identify weaknesses in the current IAAS-Datacenterarchitecture and propose and develop improvements
- Provide consultation to internal business partners on architectural options, risks, potential cost saving options and technology changes in the area of eIAAS and Datacenter
- Identify opportunities for reusable infrastructure components
- Provide technical and pragmatic solutions to ensure “world class” security prevention and monitoring
- Bachelor or master degree in the area of computer science, technical business administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid industry certifications such as MCSA Windows X, LFCE, LFCS or RHCSA
- At least 5+ years of experience in translating business requirements to architectural solutions in the area of IT infrastructure
- Broad knowledge of design compliance and internal auditing programs
- Experienced in participating in complex projects
- Experienced in working in an environment where IT Service Management processes are used (e.g. ITIL)
- Broad understanding of hosting and infrastructure technologies including:
Cloud: Working knowledge of Cloud providers such as Azure,
Compute: Cisco/NetApp FlexPod and Cisco UCS Solutions
Security aspects for the related domains
- Knowledge about database (PAAS) solutions is a pre
- You may not be an expert in all of them but will be able to impress us with your drive to learn
- Analytical, entrepreneurial, flexible and result oriented are keywords
- Eager to stay knowledgeable on technical movements/opportunities within the market
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written in Dutch and English
- Excellent leadership, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Operate with integrity
- Creative and innovative thinking
Context of the position
As a Solution Architect IAAS-Datacenter you are a member of the IT Infrastructure Services team, part of the Core IT Services of ASML. Within the position you will report directly to the Manager Plan of the Core IT services team.
IT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities. IT is striving for operational excellence by implementing extensive improvement programs to boost quality and reliability, to reduce costs and to minimize risks into our day-to-day operations. This means a high demanding environment with unique possibilities to learn, grow and to develop skills and careers in multiple domains.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.