You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
24 days ago - req25418
Technician Extreme Ultraviolet
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
As a Technician Extreme Ultraviolet, you’ll construct our latest lithography machines that are used to produce microchips. You will be cross trained on multiple activities within our unique cleanroom factory.
Do you want to build some of the most amazing machines that you will ever see? And are you a car mechanic, aerospace engineer or technician with a similar background? Then ASML is looking for you!
Find out more: ASML IN ONE MINUTE
Role and responsibilities
Whilst working as a Technician Extreme Ultraviolet you will focus on assembling, adjusting, qualifying and delivering our latest lithography machines. These machines are called ‘EXE’ systems, which is short for Extended EUV (Extreme Ultraviolet). Our department as a whole is responsible for the build, qualification, de-assemble and install of the complete EXE systems, which ASML started producing in April 2021.
As a Technician Extreme Ultraviolet, you..
- Build, install, align and disassemble components and modules working in multidisciplinary teams;
- Work according to agreed specifications and delivery times;
- Provide support during the introduction of the new EXE products (into the production process), whist laying down product, process and measuring data in protocols and databases;
- Closely cooperate with various disciplines, maintaining the planned delivery times and quality, identifying/reporting bottlenecks and escalating (technical) issues with the aim of structurally resolving them;
- Encourage and promote a safe working environment and follow the 5S+1 principles;
- Actively seek to improve learning curve regarding the product and processes via short feedback loops. Sharing knowledge with all stakeholders;
- Actively seek to implement and improve a Lean manufacturing environment within the factory, with the mindset to continuously improve factory processes and your own way of working.
Education and experience
To help us tackle the technical challenges we face, you have..
- A MBO 3/4 (vocational / associate degree) with at least 4 years hands on assembly and qualification experience e.g. mechanical engineering, mechatronics, aerospace, electronics or automotive engineering;
- Or a Bachelor degree with 0-2 years’ experience in a similar technical or engineering environment;
- Preferred: affinity with (system) assembling, testing and troubleshooting.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve. To further thrive as a Technician Extreme Ultraviolet, you need the following skills:
- A flexible mindset;
- You are a pro-active team player;
- You are analytical (solving problems), methodical (can work according to standard work practices) and assertive (in the lead to process engineering and development);
- Eager to learn and expand skills;
- Willing to develop yourself and share knowledge;
- Write and speak fluent English (e.g. able to write procedure comments and transfer documents in English).
What do we have to offer?
The role of Technician Extreme Ultraviolet offers a unique and challenging job in which you have many opportunities for career growth. You’ll receive continuous training to develop yourself. Want to know more? Read ASML’s labor conditions and development opportunities.
As a Technician Extreme Ultraviolet, you work in shifts: A support shift schedule consists of the early shift one week and a late shift the next week. You have a 4 day workweeks and are expected to work 1 weekend shift every 4 weeks. Please note; you’re traveling about 30% of your time in this job!
In this position, you’ll need to access US-controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. If you apply, you must be legally authorized to access such US-controlled technology before the job starts.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.