30+ days ago - req25593
Failure Analysis Project Lead
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The Failure Analysis Project Lead is responsible for the planning and execution of the failure analysis activities in the San Diego Factory.In this role you will lead resources from, Manufacturing, Development, Logistics, and Customer Support to ensure timely and high quality analysis of parts produced out of the EUV San Diego Factory
The Failure Analysis Project Lead is a program lead for all products produced in the local factory.The person who will fill this role must possess knowledge of Root Cause Problem Solving techniques and LEAN methodology with a history of successfully driving delivery of cross department teams to breakthroughs in work processes.The right candidate will be responsible for developing project plans for his/her areas of responsibility in support of San Diego Factory and internal and external customers’ needs, resolvingWith the project plan aligned with stakeholders, the person must be able to define deliverables and estimate completion times to drive execution.In addition, the project leader must be able to form a vision, provide leadership, and manage stakeholders.
The candidate will adhere to and help improve the processes established at ASML. Also, the candidate will support the manager of Production Engineering in his/her effort to strengthen the technical competencies and capabilities of the group, and is expected to become a recognized leader for the areas of his/her responsibility within the global ASML OPS organization.
Failure Analysis Coordination:
- Drive tactical coordination to complete analysis on defective parts
- Coordinate with customer logistics, factory logistics, manufacturing, and various engineering departments to align priorities of Failure Analysis
- Ensure quality output of each step in the process is being executed by responsible parties
- Develop, write, and communicate specific procedures for individual failures
- Physically perform or assist in mechanical or electrical work to analyze defective components
- Step in to drive or execute hands on the production floor to make decisions or complete analysis on failed hardware
- Take the lead in escalations that are beyond control of operators, and implement methods and actions that prevent them from recurring.
- Ensure the agreed escalation process is executed.
Business Process Improvements:
- Analyzes process of customer returns through failure analysis and root cause analysis using LEAN tools and concepts
- Optimizes processes to eliminate non value added activities and drives focus and improvement actions on critical steps in process
- Drives buy in from team members on process improvements and documents new processes
- Coach the team members in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Review the execution phase with the team members on a regular basis.
- Participate in global network of problem solving experts to share best practices, determine global standards for the company, and drive proliferation locally in San Diego
Project Reporting Phase:
Daily reporting on project status
Provide presentations and reports as required to update stakeholders with plans and progresses, identify risks and opportunities, and support key decision points.
Manage stakeholders to drive priority based on project goals.
Other duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor or higher degree in engineering, physics, applied sciences, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of prior people or project management
- Expertise in LEAN principals and continuous improvement breakthroughs
- Expertise in structured problem solving methodologies such as, but not limited to 8D or A3
- Experience with facilitating cross department teams to make rapid decisions and improve processes
- Ability to search, listen, and recognize company and customers’ needs, and translate into project plans and requirements.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Demonstrated sustained drive for results
- Possess knowledge and experience in capital equipment product development.
- Possess time management skills.
- Well organized in tracking project and task progresses.
- Experience in a challengingenvironment with high tech products and complex processes.
Proven written and verbal communication skills, analytical, perseverance, problem solving, strong attention to detail and organizational skills, ability to influence, motivate, coach and lead. Excellent negotiation and decision making skills.
Context of the position
- Applies data analysis techniques including statistical process control and six sigma methodologies to resolve issues that adversely affect manufacturing in areas of capacity, quality, compliance and cost
- Manages key performance indicators to measure performance and effectiveness
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability