30+ days ago - req25591
Major Account Manager Intel Global Technology
Sales & marketing
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Sales & marketing
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
As the world’s leading semiconductor lithography machine (the machine that makes computer chips) manufacturer, ASML enables chip manufacturers to make cheaper, faster, chips, thereby enabling all the technology you use today. The machines we make require high speed, magnetically levitated stages with sub-nanometer accuracy, robotic mask delivery systems, mechatronic devices to shape and correct the laser illumination source, and optical modules that can detect sub-nanometer alignment errors and pattern distortions. Temperature controlled to milli-kelvins, particulate free, and operating in complete vacuum, the technical challenges are endless. Solving these requires expertise in servo controls, mechatronics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded software engineering, optics, physics, manufacturing, industrialization, and more. If you like extreme challenges and want to help bring the next generation of technology to the world, then come join ASML.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation, you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
This U.S. position is open to U.S. workers only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. The Company will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
The account Manager is expected to manage multi-level activities related to regional accounts or for segments of global accounts to positively impact customer relationships, and future growth in products. Assists in the development and implementation of strategic business plans. Takes a leadership role in managing company resources to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Accountable for site/account level execution of VPA, Systems Sales, Enhancements, Options and Upgrades.
- Develops customer specific product sales/marketing strategies in a dynamic commercial environment.
- Gathers and communicates customer and market information to ASML management, BL’s and marketing, including competition.
- Negotiation and closure of site/account level commercial agreements - aligned with the business manager (as applicable).
- Development and entry of accurate site/account level sales forecast– to be rolled up to business manager (as applicable).
- Ensures that site/account level quotations, orders and all other customer communication are to be handled promptly and accurate.
- Manage site/account level sales order to closure (quote to cash).
Business management and operational responsibility:
Business Alignment & Relationship Development.
- Manages business alignment for customer accounts by identifying gaps in customer expectation and ASML’s offerings and working to reduce those gaps.
- Develops and maintains an excellent customer relationship to ensure ASML’s position as the continued vendor of choice.This is accomplished by creating strong interface between multiple levels of the customer and ASML including engineering, purchasing, planning, R&D / D&E, management, operations, accounting, finance, product groups and marketing, corporate auditors, deal structure team, legal/contract, etc.
- Conveys a strong understanding of the customer’s expectation; recognizes the business linkages and strategies with present and future customers’ needs effectively to ensure customer satisfaction and account profitability.
- Proactively looks for ways to improve value, quality and service to customers through appropriate relationships and feedback mechanisms.
Business Goals & Strategy:
- Helps to develop clear goals and success factors directly linked to the achievement of business strategies long/short term for applicable accounts.
- Ensures ASML strategies are translated into specific objectives, action plans and metrics for the Local Account.
- Assigns clear accountabilities to the Local Account Team by providing appropriate guidance.
- Proactively looks for ways to improve value, quality, and service to existing customers through appropriate relationships and feedback mechanisms.
- Looks for ways to develop and build potential new customers and markets for ASML products.
Account Escalation Support:
- Responsible for operational success, strategic alignment and integration of activities with CS to ensure integrated customer account management.
- Is an escalation channel in the local account team.
- Gets involved if issues (technical & non-technical) cannot be resolved by normal functional channel and ensures the appropriate priority given to the issue.
- Balances the customer’s needs verses ASML's resource/priority.
- Ability to travel up to 25% annually (Domestic/International).
Bachelor’s degree in a Technical/Engineering field or Marketing required, or equivalent experience.
- 5 years’ Business Account Management experience and Marketing Account Interface required.
- Experience in Complex/Large Scale Capital Equipment Industry required, Semiconductor industry experience preferred. i.e. Chipmaker customer requirements and drivers.
- Technical knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing specifically on Litho desired.
- Able to work independently and set priorities.
- Self-motivated, organized, and proactive.
- Customer communication and positioning.
- Structured problem solving.
- Critical thinking skills. The ability to “think ahead”, and if-then-what thinking.If we do XXthen what are the consequences Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills, in-person or over the phone. Internal and external customers and customer interfacing.
- Strong technical knowledge of the industry and product.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability