30+ days ago - req25552
(Master) Data Management Lead
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
For ASML data is an asset which has an increasing business value and which we need to protect and properly manage. Therefore managing our data assets (quality, definitions, owners, change control,..) becomes increasingly important, including defining and maintaining data models. To further develop and implement the capabilities to manage our data effectively, such as Data Governance, Master/Reference/Meta data management, Data Quality Management, we are hiring an experience (Master) Data Management Lead. Are you an experienced (business-technology) leader with in-depth understanding of all aspects of data and information and do you like to use your skills in a very dynamical and high-tech business environment? Do you thrive in working with various stakeholders across ASML and keeping business and IT aligned? Then we are looking for you.
ASML has newly formed the Chief Data Office (CDO) function to effectively support ASML’s ambition to further increase value generation from data. The (Master) Data Management Lead will establish trust in data by establishing and operationalizing a cohesive master data management strategy for ASML and will drive execution by eliminating business silos, establishing standards and processes for data governance and implementing measures to manage the quality of our data. This individual will work closely with the business to understand business process gaps due to master data, and will develop cross-functional alignment to define data models, standardize data sets and sources, and govern master data and their respective attributes.
- The main responsibilities of the (Master) Data Management Lead include:
- Define and own (master) data management strategy for ASML;
- Establish and implement (master) data management capabilities and best practices aligned with the business, Digital Transformation and Data & Analytics goals and priorities;
- Establish consistent metrics to measure quality of data and implemented solutions;
- Establish and operationalize federated operating model by building effective partnerships with business domains and embed clear roles & responsibilities closely to the business;
- Understand the technology landscape of transactional systems, data management and master data layer, to analytics and consuming applications;
- Lead and own the relationship with software vendor(s) and MSPs supporting MDM initiatives;
- Partner with vendors and x-functional teams to design and architect master data management solution(s) with other applications and warehouse/lake;
- Contribute to our roadmaps for Data / Information Management;
- Define and own relevant data management principles and policies;
- Contribute to critical business decisions including data (models), data acquisitions, data retention policies and defining data life cycle policies;
- Leverage insights and feedback from business partners, prospects and internal partners and make/communicate the necessary tradeoffs to build an excellent offering;
- Leverage effective relationship building among business partners to understand the data needs, data dependencies and identify opportunities for business process standardization, ensuring high employee engagement and managing staff career progression;
- Identify risks and drive continuous improvements in data management through technological innovation, operational improvement, and championing adoption;
- Maintain in-depth industry knowledge.
- University degree (e.g. Information Management, (Technical) Business Administration);
- 10+ years working experience in related data discipline;
- Deep understanding of master data management, data governance, and associated technologies;
- Proven experience in establishing and operationalizing data management capabilities (not only maintaining);
- Experience with SAP (S/4HANA) is highly desired;
- Experience with Siemens Team Centre would be a pre;
- Experience in a leadership role in a multi-year business transformation program would be a pre;
- Experience in working in an Agile IT environment would be a pre;
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced business-technology leader with in-depth understanding of all aspects of data and information.
- Open mindset;
- ‘Getting things done’ and hands-on mentality;
- Act decisively and take responsibility;
- Demonstrate flexibility and pragmatism, while maintaining the highest standards of quality for your own and other people’s work;
- Think broadly and think and act end-to-end at company level;
- Collaborative attitude and build relationships at different levels;
- Able to deal with resistance;
- Bring humor as an icebreaker and contribution to the team spirit;
- Effective communication skills and proficiency in the English language;
- Problem solver;
- Capable of switching between classical PMM methodology and Agile approach.
Context of the position
The (Master) Data Management Lead is part of the Chief Data Office (CDO). The CDO ambition is to ensure availability of high quality and trusted data for ASML management, employees and customers. By treating data as a valuable asset, we are able to unlock its value for ASML and increasing our revenue, realizing operational excellence and protecting our company. The CDO office is positioned within IT and focuses on establishing ASML-wide common foundation that are needed to realize our data ambition, including data & information governance and corresponding data architecture. The culture within CDO is informal, open, direct, pragmatical and result driven.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips). ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.