11 days ago - req25539
NPI EUV Project Manager
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other technical job categories
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The sector, Customer Support (CS), is responsible for the requirements input, preparation for introduction, the implementation, and profitable maintenance of ASML systems on customer locations.Within CS the New Product Introduction (NPI) department the Project Manager drives competencies and sectors to complete deliverables needed for the introduction of new technologies and methods into the ASML worldwide service organization.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The Project Manager performs technical and non-technical project management activities at the Product/Cluster level for the development, introduction, and improvements of Semi-conductor manufacturing equipment into the field.Additionally will be managing changes within the ASML Customer Support Organization on Extreme Ultra Violet (EUV) light sources. Position represents Customer Support organization in the Program/Product Team for a Product and/or Functional Cluster(s) collaborating with cross-sector team members in support of the product development, improving the maturity of our technology/product, and establishing service capability of the EUV light source used in ASML’s scanners.
The CS NPI Project Manager reports directly to the CS NPI Director and lead team members in matrix environment and takes ownership of and is responsible for the creation new product introduction plans and improvements on specific product or sub-system of the product.
- This position will lead multiple projects at the Cluster/Product and operate independently depending on project assignments in alignment with the Development Program Priorities and CS Sector business needs.
- The EUV source is a sub-system of the ASML EUV Scanner with technology sub-systems broken out into Functional Clusters. The EUV source is a complex and cutting edge technology being adopted by the customer base (chipmakers).
- The resource will drive introduction preparation and execution of activities and deliverables to achieve CS readiness for high volume production of wafer at customer sites.
- The CS NPI PM will lead projects through ASML processes alongside the development team to achieve success at the customer sites.
- The CS NPI Project Manager will coordinate cross-functional teams meetings consisting of Training, Global Support, Upgrade Execution, Service Engineering, and the remote Customer Sites Managers/Team to achieve ASML’s business goals.
- The assignment will cover a broad scope projects touching on variety of technologies from electro-mechanical hardware, vacuum systems, software, automation, algorithms, physics, and other complex engineering disciplines.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering Disciplines; preferred (Mechanical, Controls,Electrical Engineering or Physics Degrees).
- At least 5 years of relevant, work related Project Management experience.
- At least 15 years of relevant work related experienced in a technology based industry relevant work experience.
- 10 years Semi-conductor industry experience or equivalent is a plus.
- Experience with product development phases and validation and field readiness deliverables.
- Experience working alongside a technical team and influencing technical solutions.
- Experience leading teams and participating as team member in a matrix organization, managing non-direct reports.
- Experienced with using applications supporting communication and planning.
- Proven stakeholder management capabilities. Ability to prioritize and escalate.
- PCCSTRAIM/8D methodology, issue resolution methodology, FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis), and product quality measurements.
- Able to evaluate data and make conclusions, and strong problem solving skills.
- Able review technical documents and enrich quality of engineering documentation.
- Interfacing with high level management internally and with customers.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- The physical demands described here. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist,reach, and stretch.
- The employee is – frequently required to move around the campus and will work is an Activity Based Working (ABW) environment
- Able to travel internationally, without restrictions, on short notice , on flights up to 14 hours, travel durations of +20 hours.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close, color, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information and documents
- Can learn and apply new information or skills, and adapt to new roles/assignments
- Able to work at computer station for several hours at a time, from home or office as required
- Requires working in a manufacturing clean room and hazards associated with that environment
- Ability to support internal and customer meeting at off hours and weekends
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability