30+ days ago - req25603
Automation and Control SW Engineer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
Computer science & software engineering
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Develops automation and control system and its realization in software for the droplet generation and steering functions.The role will include all aspects of the product development lifecycle – planning, requirements, design, code, test and maintenance.
- Design and integration engineer specializes in automation and control subsystems realized via C/C++, Simulink, and/or Stateflow implementation, capable of applying classroom learning to practical problem solving.
- Participates in the development and integration of innovative automation and control software and hardware solutions to enable stable and efficient production of droplets.
- Applies broad knowledge in sensors, actuators, control algorithms, software, and data analysis tools to drive automation and control software improvements to enable continuously improved droplet stability and droplet generation availability.
- Under guidance of senior engineers, designs and builds software tools that allow debugging, analysis, and performance evaluation of automation and control system performance.Perform root cause analysis for system failures in products for integration and fielded units during escalations.
- Under guidance of senior engineers, performs integration activates including trouble shooting the automation and control software, designing and executing test plans, to ensure the system functions as designed in the EUV light source.
- Documents work results with system requirements, design specifications, procedures, and training materials.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of clearly explain technical issues and ideas to peers and management.
AUTOMATION/CONTROLS/ALGORITHIMS/SW-SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under guidance of senior engineers to work from well defined systems specifications to synthesis automation and control software using C/C++ and/or Stateflow languages.
- Performs the design, development, and implementation of algorithms involving system state management (Stateflow) or controller design (C/C++, Matlab/Simulink) for droplet generator, its steering system, and other equipment used in the semiconductor industry.
- Generates hardware and software requirement specifications for automation and control algorithm implementation in software.
- Design and execute test plans for design study and validation.
- Designs and builds software tools that allow debugging, analysis and performance evaluation of algorithms.Determines the root cause for software failure in products in the manufacturing factory and in fielded units.
- Travels to customer sites to perform upgrades, troubleshooting and repair of systems.
Requires minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in Electrical, Computer or Mechanical engineering, Computer Science, or other related fields and 0-2 years of experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Welling to participating in customer service activities, and building customer relationship.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Ability to carry out software realization of automation and control algorithms using debugging and analysis tools from specification under senior engineer’s supervision.
- Ability to design and analyze automation feedback control system and its software realization using data logs and analysis tool such as Python and Matlab.
- Ability to identify, define, and extract signals and KPIs (key performance indicator) using signal and image analysis techniques.
- Capable of designing and implementing practical feedback control and automation state management systems of moderate complexity.
- Knowledge of control theory and finite state machine.
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow.
- Working knowledge of Python and C/C++.
- Understanding of embedded software systems a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require national and international travel, dependent on business needs, up to 25% of the time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Requires working in a manufacturing clean room environment occasionally.
- Requires working with CO2 Lasers and high pressure droplet generator in noisy environments (requiring ear protection) and potential radiation hazards (requiring eye and skin protection).
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability