You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
CSCM - Field Upgrade Install and Relocation (UIR) Project Lead - Tainan
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
An exciting international role for academics with 5-7 years work experience and interest for high tech and supply chain. ASML is looking for driven young professionals who can play a crucial role in the customer supply chain processes related to upgrades and installs close to/ in the factory of ASML’s customers.
ASML’s Supply Chain (SCM) is continuously aiming to better serve ASML’s customers, for example by providing complex upgrade services at the site of the client. During these events (a significant) part of the machine is replaced by modules that allow for e.g., increased output and enhanced specifications. These on-site upgrade activities create extremely demanding requirements for the supply chain processes, driven by the sensitivity of the parts (cleanroom handling only), the strict needs to minimize machine downtime and the constantly changing specifications of machines. Goal is to establish a true “field factory” set-up that allows the engineers to perform the installation with maximum efficiency and minimum downtime.
All these processes ultimately enable ASML’s clients to continue improving the performance of the laptops, tablets and smartphones that we use.
Ensure successful delivery of all supply chain requirements for all upgrade- and installation events in the region. Contribute to the supply chain team to ensure that the (thousands of) high-tech parts are delivered on-time, on-spec and at the right quality at the customer site. Meet the delivery requirements that have been agreed with the customers and ASMLs engineering team.
In between install and upgrade events: initiate and drive continuous improvement
The Field U&I Coordinator can be part of two teams: a central fixed team in Veldhoven that coordinates customer supply chain of global upgrade and install events, and a changing event team that focuses on specific install and upgrade events.
In these teams the role of the Upgrade and Install field coordinator comprises a range of tasks, before, during and after upgrade and install events:
1. Preparation of upgrade/install events:
- Together with local field manager: ensuring that all supply chain requirements are in place, coordinating preparation activities, reporting status and progress to stakeholders
- Linking with Veldhoven coordinators to understand latest insights and attention points of specific upgrade/install types
- Gathering relevant expertise and knowledge to ensure first-time-right execution of new event types with minimal costs
2. Local support during upgrade andinstall events (at/closeto the customer site), for example:
- Performing operational supply chain activities that the event requires, in close cooperation with the field U&I manager, e.g., parts ordering, emergency activities, breaking down deliveries to support the installation sequence etc.
- Manage third party logistic suppliers
- Linking with the Veldhoven organization to align and report on irregularities
- Close tracking and monitoring of delivery to service agreements, costs and quality
- Leading local warehouse management and develop/test structural improvement ideas
3. After care, continuousimprovement, knowledgeand process development
- Preparing and presenting event report on KPIs such as costs, service agreements met etc.
- Bringing observations from events to Veldhoven team, brainstorming on improvement ideas
- Leading projects to drive improvements on e.g., warehouse management, field factory/sequence management, cost monitoring etc.
- Prepare new types of events where support from customer supply chain is required to ensure first-time-right delivery
Master degree (e.g Supply chain, engineering or Business Administration)
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Experience in dealing with project teams in complex and demanding environments
- Examples of hands-on contributions to project teams that achieved measurable impact
- Able to deal with international teams and drive immediate effectivity and efficiency from day 1
- Good communication and social skills to deal with different cultures and departments.
- Service minded and customer dedicated
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player with a pro-active attitude, flexible and highly committed
- Advanced skills of Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience/affinity with planning and scheduling tools (e.g., SAP) is preferred
- Excellent professional communication in English
“Champions League” supply chain
Customer Supply Chain Management (CSCM) is part of ASML’s Supply Chain Management (SCM) department and responsible for all outbound flows (machines, upgrades, parts and tools) from the factory to the field. Strong interfaces exist with Customer Support and Industrial Engineering.
Supply Chain Management (SCM) is an industry-leading supply-chain management organization, responsible for ensuring material availability to ASML’s factories and customers. Our DNA contains customer focus, concurrent engineering, virtual integration plus the ability to thrive in a volatile market, accelerate the supply chain and deliver creative solutions. SCM plans up to four years ahead while customer requirements and system bill of materials can change at any time. Any break in material availability can have an unacceptable impact for our customers. So SCM must proactively identify and solve potential issues by working closely with our technical departments and customers, and actively managing an extensive supplier base. With close to 500 highly educated and motivated people, SCM has contributed to ASML being named “Best Factory” in the Netherlands and in the top 4 in Europe.