30+ days ago - req25623
Electrical Design Engineer - E-Integrator
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
Are you challenged by the integration of electrical connectivity configurations for high-tech products? And do you have excellent communication skills, combined with a high level of discipline? It's time to contact us today!
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
As an Electrical Infrastructure Integrator, you are responsible for the electrical integration of all components of the electrical architecture infrastructure.
The Electrical Infrastructure Integrator is responsible for the following:
- Operate in a multidisciplinary team.
- Influence the definition and design on Integra-ability, manufacturability, testability, reliability and EMC compliancy (DFM=Design For Manufacturing, DFT=Design For Testability, DFR=Design For Reliability, DFE=Design For EMC Compliancy, grounding & shielding concepts)
- Specify and document the test requirements.
- Design and document the qualification tools for integration purpose.
- Execute measurements on test set-up or prototype machine and document results to ensure that the electrical architecture of the infrastructure meet the requirements.
- Interfacing with other electrical integration engineers.
- Interfacing with the integrators of the other project teams.
- Transfer knowledge to production and service engineers.
- Support production and service as an expert (4e line support).
- Solving problems during full proto product integration.
- Make a personal work breakdown and planning.
- Act as a technical coach for other designers.
- Represent project team in several meetings.
Bachelor / Master degree in electrical engineering
- Multiple years (more than 3 years) of practical experience in electrical system integration in a multidisciplinary organization.
Broad technical knowledge on electronics / cabling / mains / safety / diagnosis / electronics cooling.
Six Sigma Green or Yellow Belt is preferred.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social and communication skills.
- Accuracy, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving.
- Pragmatic attitude.
- Quality focus.
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design, and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio.
Within the sector D&E, the department Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, and qualification of electronic functions and modules of these products.
Within EDEV, the group System Electrical Layout is responsible for the study, definition, realization and qualification of the electrical infrastructure of the complete ASML products.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability