30+ days ago - req25759
Optical Production Engineer - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
JoinASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Work with Optical Assembly technicians and provide hands-on support for daily production work.
- Support in-production issues by assisting Optical Assembly technicians with concise troubleshooting of Opto-Mechanical modules.
- Work with Optical, Mechanical, Electrical and Software Engineering staff to develop new production assembly and test equipment.
- Proficient in the use of interferometers, autocollimators, CMM, microscopes.
- Develop Manufacturing procedures; create technical work instructions, production sequences and routings.
- Monitor SPC data to anticipate negative trends and take corrective action.
- Evaluate and disposition failed parts with proposed solutions.
- Review Failure Analysis Reports and help determine the root-cause.
- Create and direct equipment calibration, upkeep, and new equipment specification and procurement for all analytical instruments used in production.
- Able to read optical and mechanical drawings.
- Able to review drawings/solid models in CAD (Unigraphics).
- Embrace the Lean Manufacturing philosophy and look for opportunities for continuous improvement in all areas of the production processes.
- Contribute to the good spirit of cooperation by finding solutions, execution of all kind of tasks and good communication.
BS in Engineering required.Optical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred or equivalent experience..
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex processes is desirable.
- Working knowledge with SAP is a plus.
- Experience in Microsoft programs, Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Strong analytical mind and abstract thinker.
- Get it done mentality.
- Energetic with plenty of initiative.
- Knowledge of process time and motion studies.
- Knowledge of Lean Mfg. Principles.
- Knowledge of process improvements, statistics, and data analysis.
- Curiosity and creativity.
- Result focused.
- Focus on quality, continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate social and communication skills.
- Good English language skills in speech and writing. (oral and written).
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Additional responsibilities for Wilton Factory:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is required to work in a cleanroom environment: full gowning (full body coveralls, hood, CR safety shoes, face mask, nitrile gloves and safety glasses. Working under ISO 9000/14000 standards).
- Operating/working around overhead cranes, fork trucks and motorized pallet movers.
- Working around lasers; working with ladders; working on platforms; and working around chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability