30+ days ago - req25730
Opto-Mechanical System Integration Satellite Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Electrical engineering, Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
The High Performance Drive Laser (HPDL) Integration Engineer will support development, and integration of next-generation laser and optical sub-systems for the creation and control of laser light.S/he will need to be able to perform analysis, verification, and trouble-shooting on complex opto-mechanical and laser systems. The engineer will be responsible for system integration and optimization, data acquisition, data analysis, module and sub-system validation, issue resolution management, test plan development, test analysis reports, and remote and on-site field support for customer escalations.S/he will represent the development and engineering (D&E) projects in San Diego and be the primary interface to the projects which are based in the Netherlands.
- Represent ASML Netherlands D&E projects in San Diego.
- Chair project meetings to ensure close alignment to project development activities and escalations, requiring early morning calls and meetings to gain alignment and share knowledge.
- Apply optical and laser engineering expertise to support escalations for Field and Integration systems. Execute hands-on troubleshooting and perform data analyses on test results. Document findings and conclusions via presentations and action plans; present outcomes during internal and external customer meetings.
- Apply optics and laser engineering expertise to create test plans, secure system test time, assemble test hardware and perform validation testing of optical and laser sub-system and modules.
- Review requirements, specifications, sequences, procedures, issue resolution plans, test plans and test reports with internal and external customers.
- Apply laser and optics engineering expertise for issue resolution of optical and laser sub-systems and modules.
- Interacts closely with development engineers, scientists, customer support, manufacturing and system integration teams.
- Assists with driving full documentation including sequences, procedures and bill of materials (BOM).
- Receive knowledge transfer from projects for new modules.
- Provide knowledge transfer training to Upgrades, Integration, Customer Service, Manufacturing, and other cross-sector teams
- Audit engineering changes (EC) and associated documentation for planned upgrades in San Diego and at customer sites.
- Recommend improvements to projects in regard to safety, reliability, availability, manufacturability and serviceability.
- Travel to internal and customer sites (domestic and overseas) to receive training, provide training, trouble-shoot, upgrade, and optimize laser systems (<20%)
- Work according to safety rules & report near misses and safety issues accurately & immediately.
- Effectively works and prioritizes activities with minimal supervision or direction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a minimum Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or physics.
- Requires a minimum of two (2) years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Knowledge and experience in controls of optics, laser-induced plasma, optical metrology a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with optical systems, optical alignment and image processing
- Experience in semiconductor equipment development a plus
- Experience with Matlab and Python
- Experience with developing, setting up, running, and collecting data from test experiments
- Experience with common electrical test equipment (multimeter, signal generator, oscilloscope, analog digital converters, and digital analog converters)
- Experience with MS Powerpoint and Excel
- Ability to translate and statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats
- Ability to develop trouble-shooting guides and action plans
- Flexibility, when needed, in work schedule including alternating weekend, day and night shifts and travel to oversees customer sites at short notice (<20%)
- The employee is required to support off-hours/on-call phone support for escalation management
Context of the position
The EUV Source Team in San Diego operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative, and challenging environment to create new-to-industry solutions with rapid productization to support an aggressive commercialization plan for the EUV technology at semiconductor manufacturers worldwide.The CO2 Satellite Team is responsible for the integration, qualification, and support of the CO2 laser system and beam delivery system.The complexity of the EUV Source puts exciting and challenging demands on the CO2 Satellite Opto-Mechanical Integration Engineer who will be engaged in integration and support of the lasers, optical systems and associated power and control modules, all working under extremely challenging dynamic conditions to produce stable EUV light.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability