You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req25766
Supplier Quality Engineer - Electrical
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Supplier Network Management (SNM), a department of Supply Chain Management (SCM), represents ASML’s logistics and quality interface to its supply base and is responsible for material availability for ASML’s factories. In today’s complex multi-tier supply chains, this is only possible by creating full transparency in the chains and flexibility at suppliers. SNM manages over 100 chains up to seven tiers deep, addressing potential bottlenecks and supply risks before they impact our customers. It must handle the increased complexity of ASML’s systems while reducing cost of ownership for customers. To do this, the SL supply chain- and logistics engineers work with suppliers to continuously reduce cycle time for components, modules and assemblies, increasing supply chain flexibility and customer value. SNM also monitors suppliers’ quality, flexibility, cycle time reductions, move rate compliance and on-time delivery reliability, driving supplier development in all areas to ensure ASML’s supply keeps pace with technological developments and can adapt to changing market conditions.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer you are responsible for the Quality Management and Operational performance of a selected number of key suppliers. You are member of a multidisciplinary team that strategically manages these suppliers.
Main focus areas are driving suppliers to a zero defects mindset, enable accelerated learning, perform (business) process improvements optimization and develop the supply chain to a high maturity level.
In addition to being the quality interface between supplier and SNM, the QSM will work with suppliers and ASML stakeholders on finding structural solutions to material quality non conformities, driving business process improvements and managing the feedback loop with ASML stakeholders.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for supplier’s performance and development to improve operational excellence and to meet the ever-increasing business demands, by assessing following key focus quality areas, as stated in the ASML Supplier Profile:
- Quality Management System.
- Operational Excellence.
- Quality Control.
- Complaint Handling.
- Configuration and Change Management..
- Manage operational performance of non-SAT suppliers.
- Manage operational performance of SAT.
- Implement Q-portal Introduce ASML Way of Work (Wow) (operational Q processes) to new suppliers.
- Drive quality first mindset and improvements at supplier and ASML stakeholders.
- Follow up material quality issues at suppliers (MN, DN).
- Ensures execution of supplier related structural material quality issues (MN, DN) Assess R4 readiness.
Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering required, Masters degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 5 – 10 years relevant work experience.
- Experience with supply chain processes in production environment
- Experience with Quality Management Systems and Tools.
- Green or Black Belt/Lean Six Sigma experience including tooling (e.g. SPC, FMEA, 8D).
- Experience in building and maintaining strategic relations with suppliers.
- Experience in managing supplier on quality performance, preferably in complex high-tech/low volume industry.
- Experience in quality improvement & operational excellence in manufacturing environment.
- Experience in participating in improvement projects across the supply chain.
- Experience in auditing (ISO 9001:2015 or equivalent), quality tools.
- Experience in complex work environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability