4 days ago - req25808
Customer Support Engineer
In a nutshell
Austin - TX, US
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Provide our customer with a quality experience by utilizing planning, problem-solving and communication skills. Develop an ongoing relationship of trust and reliability with customers and co-workers.
ASML is a global company that brings together the most creative minds in science and technology. We develop, integrate, and service advanced lithography machines. We enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to more powerful consumer electronics. The Lehi, UT site is part of the High Volume Manufacturing (HVM) Customer Support organization.
Customer Support Engineer (CSE) are part of the Customer Support organization, which is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at the customer site and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. The CSE, an ambassador for ASML, must be the first line of support for the repair and maintenance of the ASML Systems. The CSE must be able to travel for training and to support other customer sites 30% of the year. The CSE will interface with the customers, peers, local 2nd line support and staff management to assure timely and accurate support. The CSE must be able to clearly communicate between key stakeholders of technical, organizational and operational stakeholders in relation to driving availability to their specific customer.
Maintain and service photo lithography equipment at customer site in clean room. Periodically install new equipment, perform upgrades on existing equipment and system relocations.
- Advise customer on actions to correct system malfunctions.
- Interact with customer – train in use and maintenance of equipment, answer questions and provide technical assistance.
- Monitor system performance.
- Identify root issue and make appropriate repairs.
- Create accurate reports.
- Accurately maintain/document time and works actions.
- Drive improvement via proper channels.
- Provide support and assistance to other ASML personnel.
- Escalate issues when required.
Bachelor degree in Engineering field or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years’ work experience or 1-2 years’ experience in semiconductor industry.
- Clear and effective communication.
- Proven ability to effectively work in a demanding environment.
- Ownership and responsibility – is able to adapt to customer circumstances, is proactive and drives for changes.
- Teamwork – is able to work on the common goal with others, support others without being asked.
- Quality – is able to show a proactive mentality and be able to do more than is expected.Be able to think out of the box to come to adequate solutions to issues.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability