30+ days ago - req25816
DevOps System Architect
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips). ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communication and information technology products.
The Engineering IT Product & Technology Software Platform group within ASML is responsible for the software development environment. This environment consists of an integrated development, build, test and release environment and must be capable to support the lifecycle and configuration management of the ASML product software. The environment is developed and maintained in close cooperation with the ASML software development community (> 2.500 developers).
Guard and guide the architecture of the ASML software development environment, in co-operation with the internal customer and IT stakeholders
- Playing a major role in defining mid and long term solutions for tooling and services, in co-operation with the internal customer, IT stakeholders and System Architect / Chief Product Owner
- Defining improvement proposals that focus on the system performance and process efficiency for end-users
- Staying in contact and aligned with development tool suppliers both commercial and open source, to discuss their product roadmaps
- Strong partner in discussion with product architects and other stakeholders within the internal customer departments to achieve a higher quality of the offered services
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods
- Contribute as development domain architect in other IT projects
- Part of Architecture team responsible for long term technology roadmap
Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Embedded Systems or equivalent.
- More than 5 years of relevant experience
- Thorough understanding and practical experience with:
- Large technical software development environments.
- Creating and presenting high level architectural designs
- Creating and presenting long term roadmaps
- Modelling languages, understanding of Archimate is a pre
- Container technologies like Kubernetes and Docker
- Linux environment
- Version control systems such as Git
- CI/CD tools like Jenkins and Bamboo
- Atlassian tools Jira and Bitbucket
- Artifact management tools such as JFrog Artifactory
One or more of the following experiences is an advantage
- Experience with scripting languages like Python and Bash.
- Experience with monitoring systems such as Dynatrace and Zabbix.
- Experience with software testing and testing frameworks
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban. Experience with SAFe is helpful
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude.
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in the English language.
- Ability to comprehend large complex environments
- Service minded approach.
Context of the position
This position is in located in IT PT SW Platform which is a department of the ASML IT organization. IT PT SW Platform is responsible for the infrastructure and tooling that supports ASML’s mission critical software development environments.
The department has adapted the agile way of working according to the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). The department is in the transformation process to Cloud services.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.