10 days ago - req25866
Mechanical Design Engineer - ASML Delft
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Optical engineering
ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips
Multi e-Beam Inspection tools are part of ASML’s holistic lithography portfolio. ASML has an Electron Optical competence center in Delft, with multi-disciplinary teams, where we combine Research with Development & Engineering and deliver modules and system designs for the Multi e-Beam Inspection products.
As Mechanical Designer, you are a key contributor to the design and development of Electron Optical modules in ASML’s Multi e-Beam Inspection equipment. You create and realize mechanical designs in an exciting multi-disciplinary environment.
You have an affinity with precision mechanics and you are driven to complete designs in detail. Being able to start off with a course conceptual design, you deliver detailed designs and required documentations. These designs will be used in an actual production environment, thus you also challenge others and the concepts on aspects as costs, manufacturability and reliability.
- Deliver mechanical designs using NX CAD, starting from conceptual level designs.
- Actively participate in design process and collaborate with experts in the fields of electrical engineering, electron optics and mechatronics.
- Operate as a team-player in cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate with vendors on the fabrication of mechanical parts and assemblies.
- Deliver documentation required to manufacture and test modules.
Master in Mechanical Engineering or likewise.
- Experience in mechanical design, preferably in the field of precision mechanics.
- Proficient with 3D solid modeling software and usage for design conceptualization and realization.
- Basic experience with and knowledge of mechanical analytical techniques, including “first principle” engineering equations and Finite Element Analysis such as stress / strain / deformation, modal response, etc.
- Good skills in technical writing, communication, and presentation techniques.
- You are able to cope with changing requirements, deadlines and priorities.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of precision parts/(sub)modules.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Eager to drive own development.
Context of the position
ASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and realization of all products in the ASML portfolio and has a department in Delft.
Within the D&E sector, our department is responsible for functions, modules, technical competences and qualification tools for inspection equipment, in particular multi-beam electron microscopes.
Please submit your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.