10 days ago - req25867
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - ASML Delft
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips.
Multi e-Beam Inspection tools are part of ASML’s holistic lithography portfolio. ASML has an Electron Optical competence center in Delft, with multi-disciplinary teams, where we combine Research with Development & Engineering and deliver modules and system designs for the Multi e-Beam Inspection products.
As Mechanical Designer, you are a key contributor to the design and development of Electron Optical modules in ASML’s Multi e-Beam Inspection equipment. Starting from requirements, you drive developments from concept design until delivery. With your experience you coach and challenge other designers and review their work.
Key to the success is to continuously balance and challenge input requirements and complexity of the designs, development speed and reliability, together with a constant focus on the costs.
- You are a key player between our electron optical engineers and our mechanical designer teams.
- You operate as a team-player in cross-functional teams.
- You deliver (conceptual) mechanical designs, starting from a set of requirements.
- You coach others on their work and challenge them regarding aspects as requirements, complexity, manufacturability and costs.
- Actively participate in design process and collaborate with experts in the fields of electrical engineering, electron optics and mechatronics.
Master in Mechanical Engineering or likewise.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in mechanical design, preferably in the field of precision mechanics.
- Experience with designing systems for vacuum is a pro.
- Proficient with 3D solid modeling software and usage for design conceptualization and realization.
- Experience with mechanical analytical techniques, including “first principle” engineering equations and Finite Element Analysis such as stress / strain / deformation, modal response, etc.
- Shown good skills in technical writing, communication, and presentation techniques.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of precision parts/(sub)modules.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Eager to drive own development.
Context of the position
ASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and realization of all products in the ASML portfolio and has a department in Delft.
Within the D&E sector, our department is responsible for functions, modules, technical competences and qualification tools for inspection equipment, in particular multi-beam electron microscopes.
Please submit your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.