You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
4 days ago - req25828
Senior Process Engineer / Optical Coating - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Optical Fabrication group in Wilton, CT creates precision optical components that are installed into all of our DUV and EUV lithography systems. These optics are used in various internal systems such as: wafer alignment, wafer leveling, inspection, stage measurement, reticle handling, metrology measurements, stage positioning and wafer handling.
Optical Coating is the last stage of Optical Fabrication, right before the optics are assembled in a system. The optics are coated with a variety of materials that are deposited onto the optics as precise thin film layers. These special films enhance the surface of the optics for the following purposes:
- Create precise mirror surfaces.
- Eliminate surface reflection.
- Filter certain wavelengths and polarization.
- Create hard, anti-wear surfaces.
- Create electrical conductive/insulating films.
- Surface bonding films.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
This experienced level engineering position will support optical coating production and development by working closely with other engineers, technicians, machine operators, product development teams, and managers. The candidate will be responsible for monitoring and ensuring production quality, driving continuous improvement, and supporting new product development. Troubleshooting various aspects of coating will be required. This includes coating performance issues, process problems, and equipment problems. This candidate will also be responsible for thoroughly documenting their processes, testing procedures, and research findings. At times these will need to be developed into detailed work instructions for training and daily use.
- Master's desired in Physics, Optics, Materials, Mechanical Engineering, or BS with equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in optical coating and thin films, vacuum deposition, and optical coating design.
- IAD, RIE and PECVD experience preferred.
- Experience with vacuum equipment and technology.
- Hands on experience with optics and optical measurements.
- Thin film coating design software experience (Filmstar, TF Calc, Optilayer).
- Strong understanding in advanced math and physics.
- Strong analytical skills for data analysis.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Additional responsibilities for Wilton Factory:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is required to work in a cleanroom environment: full gowning (full body coveralls, hood, CR safety shoes, face mask, nitrile gloves and safety glasses. Working under ISO 9000/14000 standards).
- Operating/working around overhead cranes, fork trucks and motorized pallet movers.
- Working around lasers; working with ladders; working on platforms; and working around chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability