21 days ago - req25814
Technician 3 - Production (Laser Test)
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Performs sub-system assembly, optical alignment, functional test, equipment calibration, station setup and process development support. Assists in recommending changes in design, methods, and procedures to enhance product quality.
- Uses standardized tools and electronic equipment (i.e., torque wrenches, electric and pneumatic screwdrivers and ball drivers, lifting equipment, computers, oscilloscopes) to assemble/install/remove or perform testing and troubleshooting.
- Trains others on areas of test processes and troubleshooting when required.
- Performs a variety of moderately complex technical service/support duties requiring specialized knowledge (i.e., sub-assembly, assembly, build, test, R&D, QA).
- Utilizes functional area databases to run reports and analyze/trend data; Makes recommendations to management in order to meet production needs.
- Interfaces with engineers to support special tests and experiments with detailed instructions.
- Documents and monitors safety or security violations critical to product quality or operations.
- Uses specialized test equipment such as leak testing, Hi - Pot and alignment instruments.
- Troubleshoots failures with pressurized Gas, and Water systems with Helium.
- Reads and understands business documents such as bill of materials (BOM), routing sheets, inventory records and work instructions.
- Uses cleaning cloths with acetone, methanol, and isopropyl alcohol to wipe surfaces prior to shipping product.
- Maintains a clean work area, and is responsible for designated tools (routine maintenance and calibration).
- Installs electrical connectors to modules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Requires a minimum of four (4) years related work experience.
- Associate’s Degree in technical or scientific field is highly desired.
- Experience in using all electronic/pneumatic tools preferred.
- Experience with Automated Testing Equipment, LabVIEW preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics/drawings.
- Basic understanding of laser systems is required.
- Ability to apply knowledge of company policies and technical skills in support of multiple products, services and components.
- Strong electrical/ electronic background.
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify and correct problems in complex software-driven electronic systems (not circuit-board troubleshooting).
- Familiarity with cleanroom protocol is preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and 5S principles preferred.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, basic algebra.
- Full to advanced proficiency with a wide variety of tools and equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, voltage and current probes, multi-meters, chart recorders, Mensors, and Helium Sniffers).
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Requires general computer skills and knowledge.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability