25 days ago - req25928
CS - Field Application Engineer - Linkou
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Chemistry & materials science
Hermes Microvision Inc. (HMI), an ASML company, has beencommitted to the research and development of the most advanced E-beamInspection (EBI) tools and solutions for the leading semiconductormanufacturing fabs.
Support customer routinecases and projects of e-beam defect inspection and metrology at customersites. The holder of this position reports to the 1st line APPS leader andprovides indirect and direct support to customers, and direct escalation andcompetency support to operations.
- Provide technical support / recipesetup at customer sites.
- Troubleshoots recipe / equipmentproblems.
- Complete on-site diagnostics andservice calls.
- Responds to emergency service calls asrequired.
- Instructs customer operatingtechnicians on system operation and maintenance.
- Helpthe sales department with customers needing help or advice in applyingthe company’s products.
BS engineering degree orequivalent experience. Masters Degree a plus.
- Engineerswith greater than 2 years’ experience in a CS support department forhigh tech products.
- Engineerswith at least 1 years of semiconductor industry experience preferred.
- Must take ownership for solving issuesand ensures escalations take place.
- Take proactive action for prevention orrepeating error.
- Capable of resolving most issueswithout assistance & highly independent in a shift position.
- Ability to make decisions in thepriority of problem solving.
- Work unsupervised and be responsiblefor projects, track equipment performance and prepare technical reports.
- Take initiative and ownership toincrease skill and knowledge level in team.
- Document knowledge systematically andin an accessible way.
- Previous experience mentoring new hireengineers & helping integrate from a technical and proceduralperspective.
- Clear and effective communicationskills required.
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Word,Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to thrive in a very dynamic andhigh pace environment.
- Multi-task team player with goodability to work under different working environment pressures.
- Excellent customer interface skills isrequired.
- Open for cultural differences and ableto work with a site of different cultures and WOW.
- Motivated, pro-active, self-driven, andflexible.
- Strong customer focus.
- Verbaland written language skills in English.
Context of the position
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.
- While performing the duties of thisjob, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; usehands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch,twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally requiredto move around the campus.
- Job duties are often performed inconfined areas in a clean room environment.
- May require travel dependent on companyneeds.
- Can work under deadlines.
- Must be able to read and interpretdata, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people andsituations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information orskills.