28 days ago - req25913
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
As the world’s leading semiconductor lithography machine (the machine that makes computer chips) manufacturer, ASML enables chip manufacturers to make cheaper, faster, chips, thereby enabling all the technology you use today. The machines we make require high speed, magnetically levitated stages with sub-nanometer accuracy, robotic mask delivery systems, mechatronic devices to shape and correct the laser illumination source, and optical modules that can detect sub-nanometer alignment errors and pattern distortions. Temperature controlled to milli-kelvins, particulate free, and operating in complete vacuum, the technical challenges are endless. Solving these requires expertise in servo controls, mechatronics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded software engineering, optics, physics, manufacturing, industrialization, and more. If you like extreme challenges and want to help bring the next generation of technology to the world, then come join ASML.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The Integration Engineer will assists in validating the droplet generator functional performance on offline setups, D&E benches and source. The integration engineer is expected to become a solid system user.Will assist in supporting internal development and field activities. Supports engineering, research and development, and manufacturing in the testing of optical, mechanical and electrical modules and sub-systems, and the integration and test of complex systems.Troubleshoots product and test equipment and qualifies test process and equipment.Executes hands on system and subsystem service and optimization. Provides field support through the performance of installations, upgrades, repairs, and maintenance of complex capital equipment and systems.Troubleshoots either to resolve issues directly or through referring advanced issues to technical support resources.Acts as a customer service advocate, instructing customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Performs a variety of engineering work including testing, analyzing, troubleshooting, and implementing. Provides technical skills during research and/or product development.
System operation procedures and theory of operations
System design reviews and system integration
Verification & validation
- Utilizes test data to assess performance capabilities and assist in the documentation of procedures and the validation of system, operations and service.
- Prepare droplet generator functional test procedures and create traceability from functional requirements.
- Performs a wide variety of electrical and mechanical test processes.
- Assists in defining test requirements based upon design documents.
- Assists other test engineers for best common solutions.
- Produces clear, concise documentation in defined ASML formats.
- Demonstrates the test equipment and process meets the requirements through validation testing.
- Validates test equipment design ideas by calculating stack up tolerances, providing analysis of options.
- Troubleshoots and isolates problems in laboratory equipment and on the product.
- Uses sophisticated computer programs and diagnostic equipment to test laser performance according to descriptive instructions.
- Performs optical alignment of laser systems or external diagnostic equipment based upon general instructions
- May be assigned to a special project, such as system upgrades, working under descriptive instructions.
- Responsible for Lab safe operation.
- Assists in collecting data, analyzes it, summarizes results, and prepares presentation of results for review.
- Gathers information from drawings, specifications and design engineers necessary to develop tests and documentation.
- Participates in acceptance testing the design.
- Assists in qualifying product for shipment.
- Assist creation of description instructions for system service activities including complex upgrades.
- Compiles test data to demonstrate the test equipment built meets the specified requirements.
- Assists in analyzing, diagnosing, and troubleshooting ASML equipment problems via telephone or at customer site.
- Performs installation, repair, retrofits, upgrades and preventive maintenance on ASML equipment installed at customer sites.
- May provide service education to customer’s service and operations staff.
- Ensures that parts are available and as specified for service requirements.
- Maintains appropriate tools are on hand and as required.
- Travels as required for the purposes of performing service activities at customer sites or backfilling for other ASML Field Service Engineers.
- Completes service, expense reports, and other administrative responsibilities in accordance with ASML’s procedures and with supervisor’s approval.
- Uses company technical documentation and provides feedback for improvement and assists in creating technical service documentation.
- Performs testing and validation of other’s designs.
- Interacts with cross-functional groups (engineers and scientists, worldwide customer suppor5 personnel, manufacturing personnel, upper management, marketing, external customers). Crosses functional boundaries and builds constructive and effective relationships throughout the whole organization.
- Acquires test data according to a loosely defined test protocol. Modifies protocol in cooperation with scientists as necessary to ensure success of tests, and creates detailed test plans.
- Interacts with customers occasionally to provide information about system maintenance and operation optimization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
BS in Optical Engineering Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics, Applied Physics, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- Understanding of manufacturing testing including how and what to test for production and DV.
- Proficient in reading and creating electrical schematics and using manufacturers’ product cut sheets to select components to purchase.
- Ability to calculate voltage drops, tolerance stack up, acceptance criteria, fusing, cable and connector requirements.
- Ability to apply algebra, geometry, and statistics skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Requires the ability to utilize standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators and power meters with no direction.
- Requires the ability to use optical measurement devices such as spectrometers, spectrophotometers, imaging setups, and the etc. on a routine basis.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, maintenance manuals and engineering sketches.
- Debug of mechanical and electrical subsystems.
- Ability to use routine software applications such as MS Word and MS Excel to produce reports and graphs is required. Ability to use Data acquisition & processing software such as Labview or Matlab.
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions.
- Ability to write notes in a laboratory journal listing daily activities and write weekly report summarizing accomplishments.
- Possesses good oral presentation skills and be able to effectively present results in a team meeting.
- Plan activities and execute to schedules established by program.
- General proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures required to accomplish the job.
- Knowledge and experiences in optics, laser-induced plasma, optical metrology, and/or controls of such devices preferred.
- Experiences with vacuum system a plus.
- Experiences in semiconductor equipment development a strong plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Performs data collection, statistical analysis, and report summarization.Effectively reports problems through written and/or graphical formats.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability