14 days ago - req25916
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Logistics & supply chain management
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
Does building and maintaining sustainable relationships with suppliers while executing tactical procurement activities energize you? We are looking to expand our Operational Procurement department and would like to welcome an enthusiastic Tactical Buyer with a proven track record as a professional Buyer and the motivation to make a difference in our organization.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Ensure effective and efficient execution of the operational and tactical procurement activities by supporting tactical buying activities, resolving operational procurement issues and ensuring master data control.
You will independently manage the operational procurement process for multiple suppliers and Sourcing Leads. Your focus is on tactical support and execution of purchase orders resulting in timely availability of required materials within boundary conditions.:
- Actively manage your stakeholders at ASML
- Build, maintain and extend a sustainable relationship within Procurement, Logistics, External Suppliers, Engineering
- Support in solving issues and development needs
- Translate business and improvement needs towards suppliers
- Decrease operational activities for Sourcing Leads
- Provide reports on performance and planning
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in the direction of Supply Chain Management, (International) Business or Finance.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a procurement (related) role
- Proven analytical capabilities
- Work experience in an international high-tech environment
- Extensive SAP knowledge and experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office with a focus on Excel
- Able to apply and improve procedures, identify issues, propose, test and execute solutions.
- Able to operate in a team setting
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
Context of the position
ASML is a leading provider of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry, employing over 19.000 people in 16 countries. Its success is based on four pillars: technology leadership combined with customer and supplier intimacy, highly efficient manufacturing processes and entrepreneurial people.
Operational Procurement is part of the Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Department and handles all operational activities regarding suppliers. You will be working in a team of approximately 8 buyers.
Some domestic travel required approximately 5%
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability