7 days ago - req26117
Field Service Site Manager - based in Leixlip, Ireland
In a nutshell
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. The Company designs, develops, integrate, markets and services these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Cymer is an independently operated business within the ASML group that develops, manufactures and services deep-ultraviolet (DUV) light sources. The product portfolio includes excimer lasers using argon fluoride (ArF) or krypton fluoride (KrF) gases to generate light in the deep-ultraviolet spectrum. These lasers generate the light that photolithography scanners use to image patterns on silicon wafers. The research, development and manufacturing of DUV light sources is centered in San Diego, U.S.A.
Maintain and grow an organization that can support the increasing needs and pressure of our customers in Ireland. Doing this through continuously improving service quality and efficiency by providing a solid field service offering, supporting the introduction of new service products and understanding the customer’s needs. At the same time ensuring there is a skilled and motivated team maintaining a work life balance.
Elements of the role are:
- In alignment with the overall Company / Field Service strategy establishes a long-term operational vision for the country/site, taking into consideration a continuous flow of service product introductions and changing business environment.
- Captures and manages the voice of the customer by building strong relationships with the relevant customer site managers, seeking their input to first agree on requirements then meet or exceed their expectations with respect to this and the SLA.
- Ensures quality execution of the agreed Service Level Agreement with the customer.
- Manages cost of service to agreed levels and be able to explain deviations where they exist while creating plans to close gaps.
- Responsible for escalation management for service related issues, as well as the integration of all the operational activities in the country/customer account responsibility.
- Actively participates in the customer account team and holds regular quality operations reviews with the customer.
- In close collaboration with Account Management involved in the development of value add strategies to build value recognition of Cymer service (products) to customer.
- Continues to build an organization that offers an environment in which employees feel engaged and can grow to their full potential through performance management, active coaching, and structured people development (non-technical and technical). Leads a diverse group of people.
- Plans and manages comprehensive budgets for assigned areas. Includes above and below the line expenses and coordinating with cross-functional areas to ensure adherence and align with company objectives.
- Executes inventory management control and forecasting in coordination with regional and corporate logistics.
- Ensures availability and safe operation of tools or equipment for installation and maintenance of systems at customer sites. Includes purchasing of administrative tools, e.g., computers, pagers, etc.
- Ensures daily / weekly / monthly operational excellence to achieve the agreed service level agreements and beyond. Manages internal and external stakeholders, balancing cost, quality, and commitments.
- Ensures Lean deployment and actively supports quality initiatives.
- Drives organizational solution finding and implementation.
- Actively contributes to the Global Field Management team, by representing the country field operation and customer.
Master's degree in an Engineering field or equivalent, or similar combination of education and/or experience.
- 8+ years of experience in a (Customer Support) leadership role.
- Experienced in field service management, working with a culturally diverse workforce.
- Understands semiconductor fab and manufacturing processes.
- Good command of the English language - both written and verbal.
- Trustworthy, open, approachable personality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a natural leader.
- Good communicator, results driven with a can-do mentality.
- Strong commitment and ease with internal stakeholders and external parties.
- Structured, accurate and able to maintain overview, always looking for efficiency gains.
- Assess priorities and focus on concrete results.
Context of the position
Expect a quality focus and challenging working environment, where flexibility, drive and initiatives are highly valued.
It concerns a fulltime position; international travelling (mostly to US) is part of the function. The position is based in Leixlip, Ireland.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business.