20 days ago - req26119
Financial Specialist - Inventory & Manufacturing
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Are you keen to take up a new challenge in a global fast growing company?
Recently ASML has launched its transformation towards Global Enabling Services (GES) to deliver world-class transactional & operational support services organized around E2E processes. Finance and IT are the first movers soon expected to be followed by other services. Within Finance we have established the E2E cycles, Financial Services, Supplier Financial Services, Customer Financial Services and Employee Financial Services.
To realize our ambition we are looking for a Financial Specialist to strengthen our Financial Services (FS) team responsible for the accounting and product costing related to inventory and manufacturing.
Are you a professional who can make a difference because it’s in your nature to standardize, simplify and ensure E2E business processes are in control?
At ASML we constantly have to ensure that our people, processes and information enable us to realize our growth and meet our ambitious business objectives. Especially in an exciting era of automation, digitalization, robotics and data mining, enabling ASML’s future growth and its success.
As Financial Specialist, you will bring hands-on and pragmatic expertise and know how to ensure the right accounting, run related processes and drive continuous improvements as well support the transition to our future ERP system. Your primary focus will be around product costing from where you will grow into a broader role taking responsibility on the accounting for inventory and manufacturing.
Global team responsibility
- Together with the team, responsible for worldwide inventory & manufacturing
- Ensure appropriate accounting around inventory and manufacturing
- Technical support for periodical cost build up process
- Periodic costing of newly created materials and incidental costing based on reliable underlying master data input
- Support in daily operations on product costing related matters, e.g. responding to (urgent) requests from business re standard cost prices “SCP” setting and clarifications/questions from business on standard cost prices by performing detailed analysis of cost itemization/cost component split
- Review and challenge the quality of data used for SCP setting
- Drive Master / transactional data quality required for cost price calculation
- Drive Improvement Initiatives
What makes this role interesting
- Interaction with business: such as, but not limited to, Sourcing and Supply Chain
- Interaction with Sector Business and Business Line Controllers
- A team that has a consistent drive from identifying and implementation of improvements (e.g. automation possibilities)
- The use of multiple applications like SAP ECC, BW, Microsoft Office and Spotfire, among others
Master degree in business administration/ finance.
- 3-6 years relevant working experience in accounting, product costing and preferably multinational environment
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Experienced in SAP ECC, SAP Workflow, and has affinity with BI tools especially Spotfire (preferred but not required)
- Knowledge and experience with US GAAP and IFRS (preferred but not required)
- Preferably familiar with Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX)
- Strong personality; willing to take ownership of tasks and decisions;
- Multi-disciplinary & multi-cultural understanding, values differences and is able to bridge between different departments and people;
- Strive for continuous improvement;
- Commitment and flexibility (going the extra mile);
- Result oriented with a high sense of responsibility and accountability;
- Fluent in Dutch and English, effective communication skills;
- Excellent analytical skills.
Context of the position
The Financial Specialist – GES FS Inventory and Manufacturing is part of the Global Enabling Services Financial Services organization, Europe. Global Enabling Services is responsible for the E2E accounting process for ASML wide, supporting the business and providing management information as well as ensuring external compliance.
The Financial Specialist reports to the team lead FS Europe Inventory and Manufacturing.
Interested in this position? Please apply with cv and cover letter detailing your motivation for wanting to take on this role.